Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordi2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2006, 04:30 AM
    Do believe you can be in love with someone without wanting to date them?
    I am a guy and I have a friend who I have known for a few years. Her and I are pretty close and recently she has been there for me at times where I was down and it felt good. More recently I have thought about her a lot more often than usual and I worry about things for her that normally come in a relationship (if she drinks and drives, hoping she makes it home safe, etc). The feelings and thoughts I have are possibly a form of love (something I believe in no way have I ever experienced, even with family). However when I think about going out with this girl, it does not spark much interest in my heart. In fact she is currently seeing a good friend of mine and I am really happy for both of them and hope they progress more. Likewise I worry for both of them about one or the other getting hurt. But when I think about her smile and when she is happy, I feel very pleased and sometimes feel emotional. It almost puts a tear to my eye sometimes just thinking about her in both good and bad situations. I care greatly about my friends and their lives and wellbeing, and for her it is usually even deeper than that. Do you think this is some form of love? Do you believe that's even possible for someone who you only consider a friend? How should I handle this feeling I have? I want her to know how much I care about her but at the same time I don't want to misinterprate my feeling and I do not want her to take it the wrong way. Any advice is greatly appriciated.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 04:43 AM
    This does not mean you are in love with her - but in fact love her as if she were a sister and that is great. It means she is very close to you and you would do anything for her - but only as a good friend would.

I have one Male friend who is the very same. We are very close, help each other out, have very similar likes and dislikes and would do anything for each other. We have been this way for 8yrs and we are the best of friends. He is like my family. We may not see each other for a month or two at a time, but things never change. We are always there for each other and we love each other just like we were family. He is engaged to a girl and I am in a relationship. The 4 of us hang out now and again and occasionally I hange out with him on my own and with our other friends.

So I do believe that you love this girl as if she were your family and that is a great thing to have - never let go of it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Hi, ordi,
    "Love" has many different meanings.
    You might be in love with this girl, or you might be thinking of her just as a really good friend.
    Why not ask her out? Or, you can continue on as you are, and eventually, time will let you know how you really feel. Maybe you do feel for her as a "sister", and time will let you know that, too.
    I do wish you the best, and please give it some time.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Tell her what a great friend she is and thank her for being there for you. DO this in person. Tell her she's means a lot to you.
    Xx.Blue.on.Black.Xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2006, 08:21 PM
    Naturally, when we form close kinships with people we often feel all these emotions and have a soft spot for them. WE would most likely do anything for them and it would break our heart to see their smile slip away. Friends can brighten up our days, but also stress us out. AND when you become close, that thread that keeps you together is love, but in a non-sexual manner.

This is the love I believe you feel toward her; nothing more, nothing less. SHE is no doubt special to you, and you to her. I myself have a relationship like this, and I cherish it every living day.:o

BESIDES, love comes in many forms. It can spark a fire. It can intrigue or inspire us, BUT a love we feel for a friend ultimately can effect us in every which way or form because they are precious to us.:)
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 04:35 AM
    This girl is very lucky to have you, and by the sounds of it will be in your life forever!! That is a true freindship :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Hi,
    This original question is a month old.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 08:39 AM
    So?.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea pig issue [ 8 Answers ]

I would like your opinion please read and let me know what you think Most of you know me and I am always talking about my guinea pig rescue or my pets or my daughter, well recently, we took part in a huge rescue, I will post the article so if you all wanted to read it you could A seizure of...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Wanting a dog [ 18 Answers ]

Ok so here's my delima. I really want a puppy, my boyfriend doesn't (we were going to get married later this year, things changed) and right now we're expecting twins(I'm 15 weeks or so). We have two cats that are around nine months old. He works nights so he's not home from around ten in the...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search