Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gglowark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Would I be able to handle the marines
    I am a small lady I am not sure that my body would be able to take the beating. I would like to go in to the marines after high school. How much of my college fund will they pay? After that I would like to start a career in underwater welding but that is another topic.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 08:01 AM
    It's all about mental strength and perseverance. My mum was small (5'6" 112lb) and she was in the military and did well. I also know a female boxer who is really tiny (about 5'2") and all muscle, tough as nails. If you have the mental endurance you can go far! It's all about pushing yourself even when you are exhausted- well that's what my parents used to say in regards to these things. Don't let being small or female put you off!

Sorry I can't answer your other question, I'm not american for a start, but good luck with your career aspirations. And remember to believe in yourself.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Feb 23, 2008, 07:14 PM
    The military will pay for all of your college
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 08:48 PM
    The hardest part about the Marines is Basic -- The military helps people grow up

Quote Originally Posted by gglowark
    i am a small lady i am not sure that my body would be able to take the beating. I would like to go in to the marines after high school. How much of my college fund will they pay?? After that i would like to start a career in underwater welding but that is another topic.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 26, 2008, 08:16 AM
    There are allot of great answers here. Well done to you all. I will add that the job of basic training is to break you mentally and rebuild you. You have to have a goal in mind and keep to it. Remember to work as a team for every which way you do things.
    For paying for your Schooling. I think that they will pay for it for you as long as you get the marks that are required like 70% or higher. I have done courses online and they paid for all of it. It well also depend on will it benefit your trade/MOC as well. If you are really considering on joining try running every day as well work on your push ups, site ups and chin ups. Pro Patria.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Mar 7, 2008, 04:09 AM
    The Marine Corps training a.k.a bootcamp is the hardest training besides Army, Navy, & Air Force.

Coast Guard is pretty rough, but Marine Corps does everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College or Marines [ 38 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. For the longest time I've wanted to serve my country, after September 11th my will became greater. I am a senior in high school and for the better half of the year I had been fixed on enlisting into the Marines right after I...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

United States Marines [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, First of all, here is a little bit about me; I'm 19 years old, completed High School and went through one and a half years of college before dropping out and taking a break. It's not so much a break as it is the feeling that this is not what I want to do. So, I decided to drop and start...

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

View more questions Search