Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunflower1428 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Legal Advise on Parenthood
    Good Afternoon,

I am new here, so hope I am in the right topic.

I am an South-African & am strongly considering leaving my boyfriend.

My question: Does the law force me to tell him that I am pregnant? He is not physical abusive & has a daughter that he takes good enough care of. If I should ask, he will be able to afford maintenance.

He can be emotionally abusive @ times & I need to leave him & never have contact again.

Thank you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower1428
    I need to leave him & never have contact again.
    Hello Sun:

The problem is, unless you choose to abort, you are going to be connected to him for the next 18 years whether you like it or not.

Your child deserves to have a father. You have no right to take that from her/him. If you do, your child is never going to forgive you, and I wouldn't blame her/him.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

Legal advise regarding paternity [ 2 Answers ]

This past weekend the man I plan on marrying found out that he may have a 9 year old son. He has known for the past ten years that this could be a possibility and he told me about this early in the relationship. I was told that I would not have to worry about this because she moved out of state...

Planned Parenthood STD testing [ 1 Answers ]

I took J_9's advice (well actually by the time I posted that I had an appointment at the center, but anyway), and went to Planned Parenthood to get my weird skin irritation in my vagina looked at. They took a sample for chylmidia (sp? Sorry) and gonorrhea (I think I spelled that right) with a...

View more questions Search