Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2008, 05:44 PM
    The three basic forms of Jewish worship are orthodox, conservative and reform. Within those are some subdivisions.

If you would like to learn more about jewish life and beliefs in an entertaining way, I suggest the Rabbi Small books by Harry Kemmelman. The series started with Friday the Rabbi Slept Late and continued for 6 other books, one for each day of the week. The books center around Rabbi David Small the rabbi for a fairly affluent temple in a Boston suburb. Rabbi Small uses Talmudic logic and teachings to solve crimes. So the books are mysteries, but within the books you find a lot teaching about Jewish life and beliefs.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    The three basic forms of Jewish worship are orthodox, conservative and reform. Within those are some subdivisions.

If you would like to learn more about jewish life and beliefs in an entertaining way, I suggest the Rabbi Small books by Harry Kemmelman. The series started with Friday the Rabbi Slept Late and continued for 6 other books, one for each day of the week. The books center around Rabbi David Small the rabbi for a fairly affluent temple in a Boston suburb. Rabbi Small uses Talmudic logic and teachings to solve crimes. So the books are mysteries, but within the books you find a lot teaching about Jewish life and beliefs.
    I'm going to do just that. Thanks Scott!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'd like to know about Jewish Head Wear [ 2 Answers ]

Where did that thing that jews where on there head originate from?

Faith [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on having faith? Faith to make it through a rough time? Faith that all will be well in the end? A scripture? Kind words? Anything? How do you cope? Please.

Am I Jewish? [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that Jewish descent is matrilineal, but how far back does that go -- all the way back to Moses, or just a generation or two? In researching my geneaology, I just discovered that my great-great-great grandmother (on my mother's side, straight matrilineal descent to me) was Jewish....

Am I Jewish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Emily, My question is "Am I Jewish "? I have been told that unless my family members that were Jewish,were from my mother's side of our family I couldn't claim my Jewish Roots is this true? I'm very confused, why should it make any difference or does it? :confused:

View more questions Search