Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlphaRomeo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Child dual citizenship
    How easy is it to get a child dual citizenship?

British mother, father is French (I think, his mother is definitely French). Child is two. Parents were never married and have split up.

The mother is worried that the father is going to get the child a French passport and disappear with him. I have assured her that he could not do this without her approval and say so. Was I right? Can he get the child a passport without her knowing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
    AlphaRomeo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRomeo

British mother, father is French (I think, his mother is definitely French). Child is two. Parents were never married and have split up.

The mother is worried that the father is going to get the child a French passport and disappear with him. I have assured her that he could not do this without her approval and say so. Was I right? Can he get the child a passport without her knowing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
    Just to clarify, I think the fathers mother is french.

Regards
    PoliticallyCorrect Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRomeo

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
    Well I got my US born children their British passports without their American father having any knowledge of it. Why would he? The British embassy was not interested in the father as their nationality was being claimed through me.

However, you don't say where the child was born, where he now lives or whether his father's name appears on the birth certificate so it is hard to know whether the same would be true for your situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My Name is Noah and I was born In Athens Greece, but I was given up for adoption shortly after. I now live in the USA and have US citizenship. My question is- do I still retain my Greek citizenship? If so, is there a benefit to obtaining a Greek passport when I visit Greece? What...

Dual Citizenship [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any countries where I can pick up a dual citizenship form, I am US born and don't want to loose my US citizenship - but I also don't want to have to get married just to get a citizenship from another country?:

Dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My name is Robert and I'm a legal permanent resident here in the United States, Came here with my parents when I was 4yrs of age. I do run into problems occasionally and was wondering, If I become a US citizen can I still retain my British Citizenship?:confused:

Dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I am a French national and a permanent resident in the US. My husband is American. Apparently, there are tax advantages to my becoming an American citizen. What are the consequences, if any, from the French government's point of view of obtaining US citizenship? Has anyone gone through this...

View more questions Search