Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 02:36 AM
    My cat is limping...
    My cat Tillie is limping? Her front right arm & paw seems to be lower down than it should be and she is limping awfully. It does not seem to be bothering her. She still walks on it, uses her claws and she does not seem to be in discomfort.

But I am just wondering if anyone knows (by what I am describing) what she has done and if getting her to vet ASAP is important and necessary? Or is it something that will put itself right? For example is she has dslocated something??
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 23, 2006, 03:34 AM
    Cat limp
    Holly,just a thought.When we came back from Agia Napa,last October,one of our cats,George,was limping,and basically "holding" his left paw.A neighbour who was looking after the two cats at the time,whilst we were on holiday,said that George was fine the night before,but now he was limping.
    We took him to the vets,the next morning,and she said that George had an abcess,I think that's how you spell it,as I'm in a hurry this morning :D
    The vet,burst the abcess in George's paw,gave him an injection in his neck,and gave us tablets (three),to place with his food,for the next three days.Within a day of having his abcess burst,and medication,he was fine.
    I'm not saying this is the cause of your cats limp,but it is a suggestion.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 03:36 AM
    Cheers Nez, it's always worth knowing these things. Tillie seems to be using her paw and is not holding it back or anything. It's almost like her shoulder is lower down than it should be - it's wired. But it could be as you have suggested. I think a trip to the vets is in order!!

So thank you :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 06:26 AM
    HI,
    I agree with Nez about a trip to the Vet.
    It's the only way to know for sure. If the cat is much older, it could be arthritis, but it seems if it was that, she would show it in other ways, such as not raising that leg very much.
    I do wish you the and Tillie the best.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    HI,
    I agree with Nez about a trip to the Vet.
    It's the only way to know for sure. If the cat is much older, it could be arthritis, but it seems if it was that, she would show it in other ways, such as not raising that leg very much.
    I do wish you the and Tillie the best.
    Tillie is only a kitten, she is only a few months old.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 23, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    Cheers Nez, it's always worth knowing these things. [ Tillie seems to be using her paw and is not holding it back or anything. It's almost like her shoulder is lower down than it should be - it's wired.] But it could be as you have suggested. I think a trip to the vets is in order!!!

So thank you :)

Do you think maybe she could have injured her shoulder or maybe even dislocated it a bit. I know that can be unlikely in cats, but you never know. She could have fallen and hit her shoulder on something. I agree with the rest, take her to the vet, you never know she could be in pain and whatever is causing her limp could get worse if left un treated. At least a vet could check her out.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Well she does not seem to be in pain and she is still using her claws etc - it does not seem to bother her in the slighteset. I think I will take her to the vets - she must have injured it in some way. It's just one thing after another with our cats. Cassie has been missing for 6weeks now. Mitzi stopped eating for a while, but she is fine now and Tillie now injursed.
    Cole16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 08:36 PM
    My cat is limping too. It's his front right paw. He doesn't seem to be in pain, but tonight I picked him up and it did seem to bother him. So I'm taking him to the vet asap tomorrow. I hope your cat is OK. But you, like everyone else, I would for sure take her to the vet, just to be safe. Let me know what you find out! I hope the best to you and your cat! Sorry I couldn't be much help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog limping [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My dog has been limping and I checked his foot and it seems he has lost part of his nail. Can anyone suggest any in home remedies to treat it. He is not constantly bleeding but there is blood on the tip of his nail. It doesn't seem to be getting on the carpet but I don't want it to get...

View more questions Search