Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Need ideas on a new tattoo
    I have some ideas, but could use more...

Tattoo #1: I want something involving the word TRUST, perhaps in sanskrit or some ancient german or something. I don't know where I want the placement.

Tattoo #2: I want something in memorial of my Dad. My original idea was the word DAD with angel wings and a halo, kind of boring, and now that I saw a girl get the Same tattoo on Miami Ink, I no longer want that. I want something with angel wings and a halo (maybe?) though. I want something very pretty and ethereal.. Kind of glwing.

Any ideas, drawings, or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 18, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Do you have a fave pic of your Dad? How about a small tat of that pic somewhere close to your heart with something like a nickname your dad had, or a saying he had... or just something different like... "Forever in my Heart", or "If My Heart Had wings" (with wings above the pic?) Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 01:42 AM
    I wouldn't want a portrait, although I did throw around the idea.

I love the phrase "Lost, but never forgotten"

I was thinking of that with angel wings and a halo

Perhaps on my upper back!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 18, 2008, 01:51 AM
    I'm trying to picture this in my head, but how about hands (like praying hands) surrounding the wings and halo... kind of holding them from the bottom? How big do you want your tattoo? I don't have one, always played around with the idea though, and have come up with some different ideas.
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 01:52 AM
    I'm not religious, so I wouldn't put something like that on my body.
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Feb 18, 2008, 01:56 AM
    I understand you are saying you are not religious but are you Buddhist? I take it you know the implications if getting a Sanskrit tattoo?
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 01:58 AM
    No, I'm not religious AT ALL, not even Buddhist. There's just something appealing about sanskrit.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 18, 2008, 02:04 AM
    You must believe in something because you said you wanted wings and a halo. I just said "praying hands" to try and describe what I meant. They could be your hands girl. I'm not necessarily religious either, but I'm spiritual. I meant the meaning of the hands to be enclosing the wings and halo.
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 02:06 AM
    I don't believe in anything, but my dad did, and he always called me his guardian angel.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 18, 2008, 02:16 AM
    I personally think it's sad that you don't believe in ANYTHING!. but you asked for ideas and I tried to give you some. Sorry if they didn't help you. I'm sure you'll come up with something on your own. Something that your Dad will be proud for you to remember him by.
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Feb 18, 2008, 02:20 AM
    It's just if you specifically said you were not religious I would stay away from Sanskrit too! You know one rule for one etc!
    :)

An friend of a friend of mine had a question mark formed in stars on her lower back! This was special to her because her and her grandfather used to look at stars together and he would point out question marks!

Try and think of what was special to your father, what you would take the time to enjoy together!
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Well we lived half way acrss the country from each other, so when we were together we shopped a lot, drove go carts which he built, watched nascar, rode motorcycles.
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the advice on the sanskrit though. You're right, I should probably just enjoy the beauty of it on paper and not my body since it has no real meaning to me.
    tattoobody Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 08:52 AM
    You can search "angel tattoo" words in Tattoo Gallery
    The Symbol & Meaning of Angel Tattoo
    The Symbol & Meaning of Archangle Tattoo

--------------
    Tattoobody.org - a comprehensive, informative exploration of the colorful world of tattoos. Whether choosing a personally significant tattoo, wanting to learn more about a symbol, or simply being interested in tattoos as a form of art and body modification, you will discover the richness of tattoo designs and culture in TattooBody.org - A Reference on Tattoo Guide, Tattoo Designs, Tattoo Symbol & Meaning, Tattoo Photos Gallery and Tattoo History
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    I personally think it's sad that you don't belive in ANYTHING!,... but you asked for ideas and I tried to give you some. Sorry if they didn't help you. I'm sure you'll come up with something on your own. Something that your Dad will be proud for you to remember him by.

I'm sorry that you think it's sad that I don't believe in anything, but I was brought up religious and saw the errors. I know now what I believe in is myself. Either way, I think I have an idea of what I want...

What does someone think of a portrait of my dad's eyes.
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Feb 28, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I have some ideas, but could use more...

Tattoo #1: I want something involving the word TRUST, perhaps in sanskrit or some ancient german or something. I don't know where I want the placement.

Tattoo #2: I want something in memorial of my Dad. My original idea was the word DAD with angel wings and a halo, kinda boring, and now that i saw a girl get the EXACT same tattoo on Miami Ink, I no longer want that. I want something with angel wings and a halo (maybe?) though. I want something very pretty and ethereal.. Kinda glwing.

Any ideas, drawings, or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
    TRUST = विश्वास
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
    I'm sorry that you think it's sad that I don't believe in anything, but I was brought up religious and saw the errors. I know now what I believe in is myself. Either way, I think I have an idea of what I want....

What does someone think of a portrait of my dad's eyes.
    I didn't mean any disrespect to you by saying that I thought it was sad that you didn't believe in anything. Believe in yourself for sure... you're the one that knows you best right? :)

I grew up in an extremely religious family too, and I definitely saw the flaws!. enough to know that I didn't want to belong to any particular church or religion. However, I'm spiritual, and still need to believe in a higher power, as well as believe I can make my own choices as to what that is!

I think your Dad's eyes would be beautiful... and unique! I betcha he will know that you are remembering him like that, and would love the tat!
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
    I didn't mean any disrespect to you by saying that I thought it was sad that you didn't believe in anything. Believe in yourself for sure...you're the one that knows you best right? :)

I grew up in an extremely religious family too, and I definately saw the flaws!...enough to know that I didn't want to belong to any particular church or religion. However, I'm spiritual, and still need to believe in a higher power, as well as believe I can make my own choices as to what that is!

I think your Dad's eyes would be beautiful...and unique!! I betcha he will know that you are remembering him like that, and would love the tat!

Thank you. I actually found a very similar picture of a tattoo.

Pretty much exactly like this but in between my shoulder blades. And a straight on picture, not tilted like that one. I love the eye color contrast to the shading.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 28, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Thank you. I actually found a very similar picture of a tattoo.

Pretty much exactly like this but in between my shoulder blades. And a straight on picture, not tilted like that one. I love the eye color contrast to the shading.
    WOW!. those are some piercing eyes! Your Dad's eye's between your shoulder blades would probably look really cool. The ones' in the pic looks like a big nose underneath if you know what I mean, LOL!! Maybe that was the intention... I don't know ;) Who ever did that tattoo is a damn good artist though!

I'd love to see your tat when you actually get it done though. Although I don't have any tatoo's myself... I love artistic people!
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 08:14 PM
    WOW!!...those are some piercing eyes!! Your Dad's eye's between your shoulder blades would probably look really cool. The ones' in the pic looks like a big nose underneath if you know what i mean, LOL!!. Maybe that was the intention...i don't know ;) Who ever did that tatoo is a damn good artist though!

I'd love to see your tat when you actually get it done tho. Although I don't have any tatoo's myself...I love artistic people!!

Haha, I never noticed the nose, that's funny. I will definitely post a pic when I get it done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a tattoo artist [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I want to get a tattoo and I know exactly what I want to get.. I'm wondering how I could explain to the tattoo artist easily... and am hoping that it won't look that tacky.. u know what I mean.. I want a tiger tattoo but not the face or paws.. just the fur.. It would start from my upper...

Should I get a tattoo? [ 8 Answers ]

I know I'm to young to be asking this but... when I get older and my dog dies I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog on my back but it won't be huge or anything! Im just asking your oppion should I do it when I'm older? I love my dog so much and I think that would be a cool way of showing...

I need tattoo ideas [ 12 Answers ]

So I was a passenger of a drinking and driving car accident in August 8 of'07. I was in a coma for 2 days and had a severe traumatic brain injury. I am still recovering but am thinking of getting a tattoo in February. I don't really know what its going to be of so Im asking you guys. Anything that...

Tattoo ink [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know the best way to go about finding a tattoo parlor that uses hypo-allergic inks and does not have anitomony, arsenic, beryllium, cobalt, lead, lead compounds, nickel, selenium, and is animal friendly.

Mandala tattoo [ 0 Answers ]

So I am thinking of a mandala tattoo, any ideas for interior design or body placement? I kind of like the idea of above and to the side of my hip, but probably the best place for the tat would be on my mid to lower back... but that's so cliché. Ideas?

View more questions Search