Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 28, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Haha, I never noticed the nose, that's funny. I will definitely post a pic when I get it done.
    LOL... I didn't notice it right away either! But the more you look, the funnier it gets :D
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 08:35 PM
    It's true... I looked at it for like five minutes and was hoping they don't do that to mine...
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Hi Chi -

First let me say how sorry I am that Dad has passed on. But in my heart and I know in yours too, he's watching over you. My Dad is also passed on and I rely on him more now then I ever did and I am so happy that he is at peace.

Okay, first, let me be a pain and say this... I am not much for girls and tattos, but I do understand. Hubby has two and they do look nice on him.

I saw this one and thought of you

But while you are deciding, I also saw this wind chime and for some reason it really struck me for you. Every time the wind made it chime, it could be a little reminder that Dad is indeed watching over you :)

Name:  guardian angel.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  26.7 KB
    Vision Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Hi Chi -

First let me say how sorry I am that Dad has passed on. But in my heart and I know in yours too, he's watching over you. My Dad is also passed on and I rely on him more now then I ever did and I am so happy that he is at peace.

Okay, first, let me be a pain and say this......I am not much for girls and tattos, but I do understand. Hubby has two and they do look nice on him.

I saw this one and thought of you

But while you are deciding, I also saw this wind chime and for some reason it really struck me for you. Everytime the wind made it chime, it could be a little reminder that Dad is indeed watching over you :)

Name:  guardian angel.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  26.7 KB
    Thank you for the ideas, Allheart. They are great ideas, for someone that is religious. And why do you not like the idea of girls and tattoos? I've seen some horrendous tattoos on girls (and on guys), but I have also seen some very beautiful ones.

I have made a decision on what I am getting though.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Oh sorry sweetheart. It's just that girls are beautiful as they are. Yes, some do look nice but if I had to choose I'd rather you get a painting made and hang it on your wall.

But I'm an oldy ( 44 ) so, try and cut the old gal some slack :):).

No matter what you do, you still will be beautiful and Dad still will be watching over you.. so just follow your heart :).
    Vision Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Thank you, allheart. And 44 is not old. Age is a state of mind, I think. Just to throw it out there my Dad would be 43. You definitely are not old. I think age is within, if you feel 20 inside then that's how old you are regardless of what year you were born. Sometimes I fell 50 inside, sometimes I feel 5. But thank you for the help and suggestions.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 2, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Thank you for the ideas, Allheart. They are great ideas, for someone that is religious. And why do you not like the idea of girls and tattoos? I've seen some horrendous tattoos on girls (and on guys), but I have also seen some very beautiful ones.

I have made a decision on what I am getting though.
    Did you decide on your Dad's eyes between you shoulder blades then? That really does sound nice!

I've seen some awful looking tatoo's on both guys and girls, but some can be really pretty. My sis who left Canada to go to University yrs ago in the States, and then stayed to pursue her career got a tat at the base of her neck of a Canadian Flag. It's just a small one and I think it looks nice and it really suits her.
    Vision Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I did decide on the eyes, yes! I really like the idea!

And your sissy's tattoo sounds cute!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 2, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Thank you, allheart. And 44 is not old. Age is a state of mind, I think. Just to throw it out there my Dad would be 43. You definitely are not old. I think age is within, if you feel 20 inside then that's how old you are regardless of what year you were born. Sometimes I fell 50 inside, sometimes I feel 5. But thank you for the help and suggestions.
    I'm 44 too! (same age as YOU allheart) I agree Chi, age is just a number and "life happens"! Some days you feel a hundred yrs old, and then some days you just want to curl up on mommies lap like when your were 5. So we're not "old"... we are just numerically challenged, lol
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Mar 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
    When my grandad died I got the first letter of our last name on my wrist, a memorial doesn't have to be obvious as long as you know what it means, hell did your dad have a hobby you could get a design from? Or was he perticularly proud of a certain ethnic heritage?
    Vision Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sd1025
    when my grandad died i got the first letter of our last name on my wrist, a memorial doesnt have to be obvious as long as you know what it means, hell did your dad have a hobby you could get a disign from? or was he perticularly proud of a certain ethnic heritage?
    Yeah, he was a biker but I don't want a picture of a Harley on me... lol... BUt thank you, I already have the design that I want picked out.
    lissah_09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 09:56 AM
    You shoukld get the TRUST tattoo on the underside of your wrist
    Vision Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah_09
    you shoukld get the TRUST tattoo on the underside of your wrist
    That's a very cliché spot to get a tattoo and all of mine need to be hidden as I am in the medical profession and can't have visible tattoos or too many piercings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a tattoo artist [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I want to get a tattoo and I know exactly what I want to get.. I'm wondering how I could explain to the tattoo artist easily... and am hoping that it won't look that tacky.. u know what I mean.. I want a tiger tattoo but not the face or paws.. just the fur.. It would start from my upper...

Should I get a tattoo? [ 8 Answers ]

I know I'm to young to be asking this but... when I get older and my dog dies I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog on my back but it won't be huge or anything! Im just asking your oppion should I do it when I'm older? I love my dog so much and I think that would be a cool way of showing...

I need tattoo ideas [ 12 Answers ]

So I was a passenger of a drinking and driving car accident in August 8 of'07. I was in a coma for 2 days and had a severe traumatic brain injury. I am still recovering but am thinking of getting a tattoo in February. I don't really know what its going to be of so Im asking you guys. Anything that...

Tattoo ink [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know the best way to go about finding a tattoo parlor that uses hypo-allergic inks and does not have anitomony, arsenic, beryllium, cobalt, lead, lead compounds, nickel, selenium, and is animal friendly.

Mandala tattoo [ 0 Answers ]

So I am thinking of a mandala tattoo, any ideas for interior design or body placement? I kind of like the idea of above and to the side of my hip, but probably the best place for the tat would be on my mid to lower back... but that's so cliché. Ideas?

View more questions Search