Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jigicou Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Feb 17, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Is there a God
    How can I tell that God exists and how do I know when he is affecting my life
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Try starting with a Bible. Read it, get involved in church. Learn to pray, become saved, work for God... And you will know it.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Feb 18, 2008, 11:15 AM
    I'm sure you'll get all sorts of different answers here, but the bottom line is...

Quote Originally Posted by Jigicou
    How can I tell that God exists
    You can't.

... and how do I know when he is affecting my life
    You don't. It's really that simple.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
    The fact that you are alive and asking these questions is proof of His involvement.

Read the Bible - a translation that you can understand - ask plenty of questions.

Church - find one that you are comfortable with and demonstrates love.

You might also consider CS Lewis' "Mere Christianity," Phillip Yancey's "The Jesus I never knew." among others.

God Bless

Feb 18, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    The fact that you are alive and asking these questions is proof of His involvement.
    C'mon! If you want to suggest to someone they should have faith, fine. But why must you resort to such utterly ignorant statements? Do you honestly think that being alive is 'proof' that an omniscient, all-powerful being is controlling the universe? I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I attended schools where the subjects of math and science were part of the curriculum.
    vars Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigicou
    How can I tell that God exists and how do I know when he is affecting my life
    All you have to do is look around you to the wonders of nature and universe all this surely couldn't have come about by accident. God Bless
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Feb 18, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    try starting with a Bible. read it, get involved in church. learn to pray, become saved, work for God..... And you will know it.

One of the best answers I've heard in a long time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
    And of course people, you and your unique body. The 1000's of miles of blood vessels, the nervoius system, the bain, emotions and more.
    How anyone can look at the wonders of the human body and even doubt there is a God is beyond me. And then look at the treees, the ocean and the stars and planets. The way they are held in place by gravity and don't all fly away in all directions.

This is the obvious way to see that God is there. We also know he is here and that he cares because we read it in the bible. We all can have doubts sometimes because of things in our life, we see that also in the bible. But it is though our faith, that we learn and find a closer relastionship withhim.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Feb 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Be a part of the miracle of birth. I can honestly say I have never felt the power of God or understood his love for his children any more than at the birth of my children.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Faith…

There are two options:

A person can put their faith in a secular world where truth is whatever a particular society says it is. Where nothing is grounded but rather all life is an accident and is adrift in a sea of changing virtues and morals.

Some come to believe simply by observing the universe around them. For many, that in itself gives enough evidence to convince them that there must be a Creator.

But this is not enough- you need something else that God has provided The Bible—God's inspired Word, in which he reveals his will and purpose. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) “But what of the terrible things done by people who claim to follow the Bible” someone may ask; granted, Christendom has a shocking record of hypocrisy, brutality, and immorality. But any reasonable person can see that Christendom only pretends to follow Bible principles.—Matthew 15:8.

“Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that the believer would stake his life on it a thousand times.”—MARTIN LUTHER, 1522.

To many, “faith” simply means having a religious belief or following a form of worship. As used in the Bible, however, “faith” basically means total trust—complete, unshakable confidence in God and his promises. It is a quality that marks a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Without God's Word it is impossible to build real faith. It is only through the pages of the Bible that He presents his side of things. He explains such reoccurring questions as why he has permitted suffering and pain and what he will do about the situation. (Psalm 119:105; Romans 15:4)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Jigicou asks, How can I tell that God exists?
    By having faith.
    how do I know when he is affecting my life?
    By counting the blessings you get.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Life is full of struggles and suffering along with the happy and prosperous times.

A pretend world where a benevolent monarch rules and rewards his followers is a happy place for one's mind to reflect on-a welcome relief-from the challenges and competence the real world requires.

There is no GodAlmighty as described in the Bible, but people *decide* to make him their "God" because of childhood indoctrination or conversion and the comfort they feel as believers.

Feb 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    A pretend world where a benevolent monarch rules and rewards his followers is a happy place for one's mind to reflect on-a welcome relief-from the challenges and competence the real world requires.

There is no GodAlmighty as described in the Bible, but people *decide* to make him their "God" because of childhood indoctrination or conversion and the comfort they feel as believers.
    I hate to even imagine that there are people in this world who do not believe in God. But it is even worse that some of these non-believers will come to a Christian forum where people are wanting to know about God and tell souls who are looking for something in their lives, that God doesn't exist. This is an absolute lie and I think that may be you can find a soapbox on an appropriate forum, like Atheism.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Most of those that claim to "not beleive" do kown there is a God but they do not want to change or accept that man is not the most important thing, remember in the end, as the bible tells us, there is no sitting on the fence you are either a follower or you belong to the other side.
    They can pretend not to serve a master but they do, they only choose by not accepting Christ, to follow the other one.

And yes, esp when those that claiim they "don't beleive" in a God come to attack Christians on their forum, to me it shows more than a mere non belief, it shows an attack, which even shows more their true motives in life to turn others away from God. We are told a tree is judged by the fruit it bears, that sort of fruit makes it roots obvous.

Feb 23, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Most of those that claim to "not beleive" do kown there is a God but they do not want to change or accept that man is not the most important thing, remember in the end, as the bible tells us, there is no sitting on the fence you are either a follower or you belong to the other side.
    They can pretend not to serve a master but they do, they only choose by not accepting Christ, to follow the other one.
    You're so right! When people are looking for answers about God and Christ, they don't need a stumbling block in their way. And a non-believer trying to bring someone else down to their anti-Christ ways is definitely a stumbling block. But I believe Jesus will find a way around them and if we just keep answering their questions with God's truth, if they are truly looking for Christ, they will find Him.
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Just a suggestion, The Message, it's a translation of the Bible, is a great one to start with, as your faith grows get a good study Bible! You will find the answers there! Good Luck, I will be praying for you!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 28, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lobrobster
    C'mon! If you want to suggest to someone they should have faith, fine. But why must you resort to such utterly ignorant statements? Do you honestly think that being alive is 'proof' that an omniscient, all-powerful being is controlling the universe? I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I attended schools where the subjects of math and science were part of the curriculum.
    Strange. Do you believe in the big bang lobrobster?

Feb 28, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    strange. Do you believe in the big bang lobrobster?
    I believe in EVIDENCE.
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
    If you want to know God be a scientist. Or at least look at his creatures.. and at the harmony in the universe... Everything around us reminds us of the almighty God who created everything with extreme care and precision.
    Someone said in the past that if you want to know God.. imagine yourself alone.. like being in a ship on sea or in some other deserted place where none can hear you and none can help you.. When something goes wrong (storm or some danger).. the only one you would call is God.. and when he get you to safety you would know that he is.

Feb 28, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_am
    If you want to know God be a scientist. Or at least look at his creatures.. and at the harmony in the universe... Everything around us reminds us of the almighty God who created everything with extreme care and precision.
    This is sheer unadulterated ignorance.

When something goes wrong (storm or some danger).. the only one you would call is God..
    And WHICH God should you call? Oh, never mind. The only right God is the one YOU believe in. Right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Is threr a posibal chance of getting pregnant after a tubal? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tubel 6 years ago and when the doc did the tubel I asked him exatly what he did he toled me all he did was remove a small pice of the tub he didn't clamp ,burn or tie them off it been 6 years now and just last month my period didn't seem the same I spoted for 2 days before them...

View more questions Search