Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sakura6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Constipation?
    Last Thursday I had the pleasure of having the 24hr bug! I was sick and throwing up all day and did not eat much at all. On Friday I woke up a little dehydrated and hungry and tried to eat my normal diet to get my body back to normal. It is now Sun night and I am not eating as much as I normally do nor have I had a bowel movement in at least 4 days. My stomach is hard and I have had abdominal pains all day. Are there any certain food I should eat to help? Or should I be taking a laxative?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 17, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Rehydrate, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables [ fiber ].

You may not have had enough to eat to have a bowel movement.

Avoid laxatives as a first option.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 07:16 PM
    My favorite natural laxative is dried apricots. Try it... it's yummie and good for you.

Feb 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
    OK thank you for all of the advice! I just have one more question... would it be OK to take Ibprofen for the abdominal pain or will that make the constipation worse?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 07:22 PM
    It's okay to take that, don't know that it will help too much, but it won't increase the constipation.

Feb 17, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    It's okay to take that, don't know that it will help too much, but it won't increase the constipation.
    Thank You! :)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Dried apricots are really good. Be careful not to eat too many... Fresh cherries will do the same thing, but there aren't many available this time of year.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Feb 18, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura6
    OK thank you for all of the advice! I just have one more question... would it be ok to take Ibprofen for the abdominal pain or will that make the constipation worse?
    The abdominal pain you are having is probably because of the empty stomach (acidity) and inflammation due to the bug. Ibuprofen will probably make the pain worse. Take an antacid instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doggie constipation? [ 3 Answers ]

SO... now that Annie my black lab took her de-worming (for tapeworms) medication from the vet she hasn't gone poop. I gave it to her Tuesday around noon, is this normal? She has usually gone 1-2 times a day, now not at all... what to do?

Possible constipation? [ 1 Answers ]

For the past day and a half, until this morning, my dog hasn't had any major bowel movements. He was pretty regular before (once on his morning walk and once on his before-bed walk)- it looked like he was trying to go, but couldn't. I remember reading about how exercise helps their digestive...

Constipation? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been constipated for two weeks now... any ideas?

Constipation [ 4 Answers ]

Help me I had sever constipation problem for long time what are medications and diet

Constipation in Child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 8 Months old. He is suffering from constipation problem since he was 5 Months old. My doctor first prescribed: Sy. COLEX 1 Tee Spoon every evening. Later on my doctor changed the prescription to : Powder: Looz 1 Spoon every evening.:confused: My son is also suffering from...

View more questions Search