Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qutiepie215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Apt worries.
    I just signed a year's lease on a apartment... Now I'm starting to have cold feet. The apartment is not what I expected it to be, there are repairs that need to be made so forth and so on.. I haven't moved yet... So my question is... do I have any rights to gain my money back?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 05:27 PM
    You signed a lease, so probably not. Have you talked to the apartments about this? And if there are repairs to be made, talk to maintence, that's what they are there for.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Other than the repairs, are there other reasons? Usually, a lease will have a "grace period" in which you can "take it back" for a fee... but some don't. I'd look at the lease.

As far as the repairs go, feel free to ask maintenance to fix these repairs. If the repairs are just simply cosmetic, then they don't have to do a thing, however, if the repairs are absolutely dire and are affecting the functionality of your residence, then you may have a case to terminate the lease early.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    other than the repairs, are there other reasons? usually, a lease will have a "grace period" in which you can "take it back" for a fee...but some don't. I'd look at the lease.

As far as the repairs go, feel free to ask maintenance to fix these repairs. If the repairs are just simply cosmetic, then they don't have to do a thing, however, if the repairs are absolutely dire and are affecting the functionality of your residence, then you may have a case to terminate the lease early.
    Good answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have some worries about me and my girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

k, she lives in Nevada, I live in australia, she is such a wonderful person A few issues 1st- I think she may be having doubts about whether I love her.. coz she asked "baby do you love me?" and the way it was phrased worries me... 2nd- I adore her, I love her... but I don't feel happy about...

Money worries [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 I was in a accident & got £30000 which was but in a bank account for 5 years.I met this lad & got pregnant & my mother forced me to have abortion no 1 else knows,me & the lad split up,then a few years later we met up again & started dating by this time we were living away from home &...

Second Trimester worries [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing early leakage (breasts) during my second trimester. I would like to find out if this is normal. I am currently 19 weeks along. It was the size of a half-dollar on my shirt.

R'ship worries. [ 3 Answers ]

Please help... My brief story... im 18, never been in a relationship before, still a virgin, got no experience in sex, or anything sexual. I have been getting to know a lad for 6 months, I have turned him down several times as I have been too scared, but know I'm full of questions, please help...

Pill worries [ 1 Answers ]

I am just over a week into my fourth packet of Yasmin. First two months were OK. Last month started to have occasional leg cramps, feeling tired, stomach bloated, sore breasts, very little interest in sex, mood swings and bouts of nausea (nausea used to be just after taking pill every day now it...

View more questions Search