Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Development project Flow scheme?
    Hi what would someone thinking along a finace/economics line say a development project flow scheme would mean? I think it is to do with NPV and cumulative cash flow but I'm not sure as it really isn't my area.

Cheers

:)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:29 AM
    OK you got me I have been deliberately vague as I wanted to see if someone just went - ahh it always means this! I'm beginning to think it isn't a financial term at all and just the random workings of my lecturer's mind. I've never done any finance or economics in my life, what this actually relates to is drug development and intellectual property law.

Even if no one knows for sure I'm up for random guesses :)

PS don't worry it's not homework I just can't let a mystery lie. ;)
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Ah, so it was a trick question. No, I didn't answer cause I could only make guesses. ;)

But if you just want randon guesses... hey, I can usually do that. LOL.

First, I did look it up in my old finance book and did not find it. My guess on not finding it there was more that it was just too generic of a term. i.e. "development project flow scheme" just sounds like a vague generic term, as opposed to be some "official" term of finance or economics. And it doesn't really sound like an economics thing to me. I could see finance being involved, but not restricted to that.

I thought your guess of the NPV was a good one, and I could see that, but I didn't really know. I could definitely see that NPV could be tied into it somewhere. But I suspect it's much bigger and more complicated than that. I would say that it's just a basic plan. Like an outline of how the project should go. i.e. what are our first steps -- oh to research such-and-such. Then next step would be blah blah blah. And I could see budgets and such being tied into it. In a way, like a business plan for someone trying to start a new business, except with different types of information.

I don't know a whole heck of a lot about drug development or intellectual property, except that they exist. Something like drug development is getting too specialized. It sounds like it's getting into R&D stuff.

OK, that's my random ramblings on the subject, to be taken with a grain of salt. :)

EDIT: If you want to know bad enough, my brother worked in R&D, usually in the engineering dept. so this may have more meaning to him. He also understands business fairly well. I probably won't talk to him for several days, but if you check back later, I can see what he says.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Scheme over 500 [ 1 Answers ]

I took money from my employer through doing refunds from bogus accounts... I took almost 15k and was arrested for the crime... I paid it all back through private restitution... The owner of the business has made a statement that he does not want me to go to jail... what are my chance of not seeing...

What are the color wire scheme for a four wired thermostat system [ 2 Answers ]

Have a thermastat system (four wire) that was disconected without being labeled need to know the color code for the wires

Hospital Development Project [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Advisor RE: Hospital Development Project We have tackled the initial key hurdles including financing & government permits. I have put together the key elements of the steps below, but if anyone has experience or can point me to a site/agency that has conducted such projects...

Review DWV scheme [ 4 Answers ]

New construction. Full bath lower on slab, also the drain from a washing machine. Full bath and kitchen sink on floor above. Two attached pics show the proposed scheme. One shot looks up from under the slab, the other gives a birdseye view. I should have put labels in the pics, but here...

Is this scheme as bad as it seems? [ 4 Answers ]

A friend has been introduced to a scheme using software with algorithms to tell her and her hubby when to pay their mortgage and other bills. It will, she has been told, shrink their 30 year mortgage term to six years and pay the cost in full. She stacks shelves and he drives a truck. They are...

View more questions Search