Ask
    mrc44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Blower runs before furnace ignites
    What makes your furnace blower come on first before your ignites
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Are you talking about the small combustion air blower or the main fan blower?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Some of The older systems brought the blower on from time, time delay starting from the call from the thermostat. The newer systems bring the blower on from time also but the time delay starts after the burners ignite. How old is your system?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Day & Night - furnace Motor runs but doesn't blow air [ 1 Answers ]

Day & Night - Furnace Motor runs but doesn't blow air Thanks.

Oil furnace Blower runs no heat [ 9 Answers ]

I am having a intermintant problem with my furnace, I came home the blower was on no heat , I checked the themostat setting - ficked the service switch off and on a couple of times- burner started, I can hear the burner when it comes on, the furnace ran all day without problem I wake in the night...

Gas furnace runs two cycles [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace is approx. 30 years old. The furnace will run one cycle, shut off and approx. 15 seconds later run again for a shorter period. Everything is working properly, heating correctly etc. but runs two cycles. Any thoughts on why?

Furnace blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older home with a older furnace. I started it up this fall and the blower continues to run after the house has warmed and the themostat has turned off. The blower runs and runs, blowing cool air. To stop it I have to turn off the main switch to the furnace. What do you think the...

Air/Furnance Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Our air conditioning was working fine until last week. Now after it is on several hours the blower quits running. The air conditioner is still running. I shut the whole system off for an hour or so and the blower on the furnace comes back on. We had the relay switch replaced last winter when...

View more questions Search