Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wcare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Need complete information about home based business
    Hi,

I feel this site is very interesting & more helpful for us.

I need to invest my time in home based business by cooking food items and suppying to shops & restaurents :

1. Where & how to register?
    2. whom do I need to contact ?
    3. What are the papers do I need to provide?
    4. How much it cost?

I am on dependent visa , non immigrant allien -what are the rules do I need to follow.

Please guide me for my future.

Thank You
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Let us start with a category -- I'll pick one out of the Blue -- CATERING FOOD

Are there any Chamber of Commerces where you live -- A GOOD LOCATION HELPS

Chamber of Commerces are a Gold Mine for catering and tourist industry

You want to limit travel time <--> both ways & costs you -- TAKES GAS

The cost of a vehicle should be included in your services -- GOOD FOOD -- FAIR PRICE

Check with people who cater as to licenses and regulations -- talk to 5 people a day

Make a plan -- plan to change -- Good Luck

Please post your question on dependent visa , non immigrant allien in separate question

Do not make this a juggling act -- focus on one problem at a time
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wcare
    Hi,

I feel this site is very interesting & more helpful for us.

I need to invest my time in home based business by cooking food items and suppying to shops & restaurents :

1. Where & how to register?
    2. whom do i need to contact ?
    3. What are the papers do i need to provide?
    4. How much it cost?

I am on dependent visa , non immigrant allien -what are the rules do i need to follow.

Please guide me for my future.

Thank You
    Not up on visa's, does yours allow you to work ? If not, you need to get a visa that allows you to work.

You would be considered a vendor to these other business. You would have to decide what you were going to make and sell, how you were going to deliver and set a price, then you call on the various places and try and sell your service to them.

Your home kitchen will also have to be registered with the health department and pass a inspector to make food for the public.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 03:31 AM
    Another thing to be considered is what type of food items it is that you are wanting to provide for others since the laws where you are wanting to provide these things will vary depending on where you are wanting to sell them.

What are the specific food items that you are wanting to provide?

What is or are the specific the location or locations where are you going to be wanting to sell them to prospective customers?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Hello w:

The advice you received so far is good. There is ONE thing you should be aware of. As the Padre mentioned, you won't be able to sell goods baked in your home kitchen. You'll need to rent a commercial kitchen that's been inspected by the health department.

excon
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Why not just get a loan and purchase a restaurant that the owner's are retiring or having to quit for health reasons or something along those lines?
    You do want a legitimate business right?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 03:34 PM
    In the town that I live in, there is a family that has a commercial kitchen behind their home where they make pasta of various kinds that I see in bags on the shelves in most of the grocery stores in the area. My point being, is that they are doing this at the place where they also live. I'm sure that they had to go through all of the governmental hoops in order to accomplish being able to do that.

An article about them is here: My Local News: Family looks for new owner for pasta shop

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for the best idea with minimum capital??

Home based business [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering about a website I found that said I could sign people up for credit cards and make a little extra money from home . It had a start up kit for about $30. Is this legitimate, and does anyone know about a similar website? I can't remember the one I found. Thanks

Home-based business [ 1 Answers ]

What ID numbers do I need to start my home-based business?

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search