Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy321 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Will I get lost?
    I want to become a Game warden but I don't think I can do it because I think I will get lost. Do's another Game warden working with you do's any one know about Game wardens? I want to know if I would get lost? Will another Game warden work with me? Do's any one know about it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Hello amy:

Portable GPS systems can keep anybody from getting lost. Course, if you can't work 'em, you could get lost.

excon
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 07:16 AM
    In which case you should receive training, a compas and a map,
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 07:51 AM
    If you become a Game Warden, you will have an area, or region, that is yours to patrol. You will be outfitted with maps, county plots, everything needed to find your way. Newbies do not work alone. You will have communication devices, most likely a GPS, and state of the art means. If you do get lost once, you call. Anyone can get lost. That would be one of my last things to worry about, depending on the weather. But then, in Winter, you would have your survival gear.

Just remember you will receive specialized training in your studies that will equip you to meet the demands of your job. But if you are someone who gets lost on the way to the mailbox, you might reconsider your career.

Feb 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Can a girl do it? Will someone help you your first time out? Do you think a girl can do it?

Feb 19, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Do you think I will get lost? I never got lost before but I was with someone. Do you think I should do this for a job?
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Hello again, amy:

Asking again won't change the advice you've received. Can you operate an iPod?? Then you can operate a GPS.

excon

Feb 19, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I know asking the same queston won't help but I was trying not to I was trying to ask something else.. I was asking if I should do this for a job and is a good job. Yes I can operate an iPod.
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Hello again, amy:

I think this would be a great career for anyone. But, maybe you're a girly girl who wants to wear makeup and have long nails, and work in an office. If that's who you are, find something else to do.

But, if you're a cool chick who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and you love animals, then this is the thing for you.

excon

Feb 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
    No I don't do those things. Im not a girly girl.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 02:38 PM
    First you don't just get hired and put in the middle of a woods.

Most game wardens have a lot of training, including college degrees You will have to complete a law enforcement course ( yes game wardens and forest rangers are law enforcement) you will also have training in map reading, finding directions by the stars, sun and so on. There will be courses in learning to repel on ropes and a lot more.

Feb 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Is it hard thing to under stand or to learn? Should I do it or is it to hard?
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Some of the coursework is hard - you can expect that - the people who are there for an easy ride will be washed out (thankfully). You put your nose to the grindstone and you can accomplish this goal. Study hard, work hard, get a tutor if you need one, all the skills that got you through high school.

What are/were your grades in high school? What are your best classes?
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Here are some sites on becoming a Game Warden:
    Game Warden Website
    How to Become a Game Warden
    Interested in Being a Game Warden?

You will read that in many states you have to be at least 21 to be even considered. A college degree in Biology or Criminal Justice or Enivronmental Science, etc. A Game Warden is a licensed Peace Officer, just like Fr. Chuck stated.

It might be a good idea for you to contact your local Game Warden and ask for some time with him/her to get all your fears put aside and your questions answered. Who better to inform you than the actual person doing that job?

Feb 19, 2008, 04:51 PM
    My grade were good I never passed a class lower then a C+. I will talk to a game warden. I think I can do it. Thanks

Feb 22, 2008, 09:59 AM
    OK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

What do I do about this? I'm lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'll try to make this short and sweet. I've known my girlfriend since we were both 4 we were each other's first kiss and first crush. 6 months ago we decided to actually date. At first things were 100% perfect, we moved in together but they're was a catch her best friend was to move in with us...

I'm lost [ 48 Answers ]

Hello everyone :( Me and my girlfriend had been together 3 years and after travelling for 4 months 2 days after we got back she split up with :( she said that she sil,l loves me and fancies me but wants some time alone and we are broken up which I find the hard part. She says she wants time for...

So Lost Someone Help Please... [ 7 Answers ]

How can you tell ovulation if you have an irrigular period for instance I only have a period every 3-5 months and when I do have one it is very light and only 3 days long I have never been to an ob/gyn and currently have not the funds to see one any suggestions theories or advice all welcome...

View more questions Search