Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmakl Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 05:40 AM
    I think keep n touch is the key!
    I think this No Contact thing is fine for a wee while, but after a while when you really want your ex back you have to keep in touch with him and find out if you can change his mind by attrating him back to you. You have to do this in subtle ways and you must not do this to soon, you will feel when he/she is ready for it. My ex broke up with me more then a year ago and only since a month when I see him I feel he still cares for me, Ifeel some warmth in some way. Although he has got a girlfriend and maybe it is only friendship he is feeling right now, but I am convinced you can get the sparks back, because they were there in the beginning. You must be strong, because he/she might decide not to go back, but I think it is worth fighting for! But you can only do this when you have done your emotional bit of going through the pain of breaking up and trying to learn your lessons from what went wrong!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 11:34 AM
    The whole point of healing is being able to decide what you want. The flaw in your opinion is,

find out if you can change his mind by attrating him back to you.
    You can't change his mind, only he can. After you have healed, there are many options open to you, besides going back.
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Feb 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmakl
    I think this No Contact thing is fine for a wee while, but after a while when you really want your ex back you have to keep in touch with him and find out if you can change his mind by attrating him back to you. You have to do this in subtle ways and you must not do this to soon, you will feel when he/she is ready for it. My ex broke up with me more then a year ago and only since a month when I see him I feel he still cares for me, Ifeel some warmth in some way. Although he has got a girlfriend and maybe it is only friendship he is feeling right now, but I am convinced you can get the sparks back, because they were there in the beginning. You must be strong, because he/she might decide not to go back, but I think it is worth fighting for! But you can only do this when you have done your emotional bit of going through the pain of breaking up and trying to learn your lessons from what went wrong!
    Be careful! I think you are trying to rationalise the fact that you want to break no contact. You are trying to convince yourself that you have moved on enough to be able to break NC. By virtue of the fact you have a motive to do this means you haven't.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Feb 17, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I know exactly what you're feeling. In the end it's a game of chance. If you're ready to get your heart broken all over again, then by all means, go for it. I've heard of plenty of fairy tale romance stories of getting back together years after the initial breakup. Hell, I exist because of it. Just be sure of what you're doing, and don't try to sell yourself to him. Your only shot is passively reminding him things could be better by being you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Ex getting in touch [ 162 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Im new to this site so please bear with me! A couple of years ago I dumped my ex g/f because she was thinking of moving away, in my haste I ended the relationship and it took me nearly six months to make things right again. We had a good two years but this year has been very tough...

Almost everything I touch. [ 1 Answers ]

I know that my entire "father's" family was hereditary black mages and that my mom's family dates back to shaman and witch doctors. I am "awakened" in the sense of black magic because of my uncle. Although out of my entire father's family he is the only one who helps people with his. Usually he...

How is the Ipod Touch? [ 5 Answers ]

Is the Ipod touch worth its money? Is it so touch sensitive that if its in my pocket will it start clickign things on its on? Does it have a hold button? Any bugs with it? Tell me how it is!

Fn key need shift key all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop which is inspiron 6400 I have a problem with the fn key which I don't know how it was started The problem is that the fn key isn't working properly for example when I press fn+f1 in order to hibernate nothing happends unless I press the fn+f1+SHIFT key the hibernate happends...

Losing touch [ 2 Answers ]

Am I just having a hard time with the way a relationship moves on from always touchy feely to being more comfortable or is it normal for a woman to feel so empty and alone after 2 years because the man is lacking in affection and emotion? I need to know if I'm expecting too much or being too pushy...

View more questions Search