Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shindesachin76
    how is hydrogen gas used as fuel
    i want to know the generation technique
    for generation of power using hydrogen
    in full details also would like to see papers published on the same
    You can simply burn it as any other gas. The waste product is pure water. Note that you have to modify the engine to burning hydrogen (just as you have to modify a petrol motor when changing from octane 95 to octane 98, or a diesel motor from normal diesel to bio-diesel).
    The problem here is not how to burn hydrogen to produce power, but to lower the cost of producing free hydrogen from other molecules.
    For instance water can be split by electricity into hydrogen and oxygen. But that takes a lot of expensive electricity. And with every conversion you lose minimal 10% of the input power to other effects (like heat).
    ;)
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Apr 18, 2008, 06:22 PM
    I will comment on this one because right now it is a pet project of mine.
    Very little modification is necessary to supplement the use of gasoline with hydrogen in an internal combustion engine. The electricity used will come from the electrical system of the vehicles alternator and battery. AThere are plans available on the internet for a very reasonable price to buid your own "HHO or Brown's Gas Generator". They are extreme;y safe and people are reporting 75% increases in gas mileage just by injecting a relatively small amount of HHO gas into the intake to aid combustion. They only use water. That is it and the resulting product after combustion is - WATER.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Yes, saw some of this on "myth busters" a few weeks ago, they built system from internet plans, it was a complete failure
    HydroHybrid Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

May 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I have a friend who install a hydrogen system in his Toyota. His mileage went from 28 to 40 mpg. I am installing system and need to know some information regarding the location of the map sensor. I believe the Oxygen sensor will be easy enough to find..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

Hydrogen Peroxide? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am currently working on a science project. My science teacher says any dangerous acids are not acceptable. My project involves hydrogen peroxide, is it dangerous?

How do you test for Hydrogen? [ 2 Answers ]

What materials are to be used when testing for Hydrogen? If Hydrogen is present, what will then occur?

Hydrogen behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me about Hydrogen behaviour is it real gas or ideal gas which laws obeys, And also explain about hydroen its obeys joul thomoson effect. Give me examples Thanks

View more questions Search