Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moedog34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Insurance coverage when a drink driver hit me
    I was trying to get out from a parking lot turning right on to the main road when, a drink driver hit a car while it was turning into where I was coming from. That car came head on into my car. I have a one way insurance and I am in Michigan and Michigan is no fault state, and I don't have collison coverage. I want to file a claim on the drink driver but I'm not sure if they will cover the damages of my car can anyone help and tell me what to do please.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moedog34
    I was trying to get out from a parking lot turning right on to the main road when, a drink driver hit a car while it was turning into where i was coming from. That car came head on into my car. I have a one way insurance and i am in Michigan and michigan is no fault state, and i dont have collison coverage. i want to file a claim on the drink driver but im not sure if they will cover the damages of my car can anyone help and tell me what to do please.

Do I understand that there were 3 cars? You (Vehicle #1) are turning right, Vehicle #2 is turning in, Vehicle #3 is intoxicated and hits Vehicle #2 which then hits you?

You file a claim with the other two drivers' insurance companies. They will investigate and determine fault for the accident. No one knows what they will cover until you file and they investigate. If I understand the accident correctly you appear to be an innocent party, as was Vehicle #2.

I don't know what you mean by "one way" insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disability and health insurance coverage [ 2 Answers ]

If a person is disabled on the job and cannot work anymore, will they receive medical coverage while they are on disability?

Cobra Insurance Coverage [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my current employer in one week. I will be starting with my new company immediately. I will lose my health care benefits the day I quit my current employer, and will not pick up my new coverage for 1 month. My question is what are the rules on COBRA retroactive? For...

Medical insurance lapse in coverage [ 1 Answers ]

My employer stopped paying insurance premiums while continuing to deduct fees from employees pay. He was aware I had MRI and other tests scheduled and knew the coverage had been cancelled and never said a word. I now have over $10K in medical bills from the time after the coverage was cancelled...

Consignment Store Insurance Coverage [ 1 Answers ]

Where in North Carolina can I get property and liability coverage for my consignment children's store?

Continuous Heath Insurance Coverage? [ 1 Answers ]

How important is maintaining continuous health coverage in the US? We are in Europe for 10 years on the social health system and are concerned it may be difficult to find individual coverage when we return Stateside. Is there any benefit to maintaining minimal continuous coverage in the US while we...

View more questions Search