Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Meatloaf vs Steinman
    Okay, I'm sure someone will set me straight on this once and for all :)

I grew up thinking Jim Steinman and Meatloaf were one in the same. I thought "meatloaf" was kind of a "ghost" name, so to speak. I always listened to the Bat out of Hell album etc. but also listened to Jim Steinman's Rock n Roll dreams album, and they should almost identical and some of the same songs were on both albums. I know Jim Steinman wrote some of these songs... but can't figure out why they sound so identical to each other. Life and Death of an American Guitar for example... and even Rock n Roll dreams itself! Anyone care to explain this to me? I've had arguments over it, lol. :rolleyes:
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 16, 2008, 10:27 PM
    For more on this, look in the 1980's section on the Meat Loaf wikipedia page below (where I found this):

"Early in the production of a follow-up album to Bat out of Hell, Meat Loaf developed vocal problems and was unable to continue on the project. Steinman proceeded with the album, released as Bad for Good in 1981. Most songs are sung by Steinman himself. Three of the songs are sung by Rory Dodd, who did not receive a clear indication for his work in the album's credits. Karla DeVito sings a duet part on one song. Steinman was this time credited as co-producer with Todd Rundgren for all but one track. Steinman was credited as co-producer with Jimmy Iovine for the song "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through". The highest charting song from this album was "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through" which reached #32 on the Billboard charts. In total the album has sold over one million copies."

Meat Loaf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jim Steinman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2008, 10:43 PM
    Interesting! Meatloaf sure seemed to get most of the credit for other people's work though in my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meatloaf [ 8 Answers ]

OK folks, who has a good receipt for old fashion meatloaf? My mom use to make it real good but she made it round and it had a hole int the center. How did she do that? It looked like a large donut. Was it some kind of special dish? Thanks for any help

View more questions Search