Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belledeath Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 05:41 PM
    '80's/'90's children's animated movie?
    There's a movie that never got very popular to my knowledge (I used to rent it from Albertsons back in the early '90's) that I've been trying to find that I remember watching a lot as a kid, but I can't remember too many details of it. From what I remember, it's animated in a unique style. The story was basically about a little boy who I *think* got shrunk down very tiny and somehow entered a beautiful garden. He met a flower fairy-type princess and fell in love with her. I remember it was very sad because she dies in the end. If I remember right it had songs in it too, and possibly had Symphony somewhere in the title. :confused: any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 06:02 PM
    I'm going to suggest 'fern gully' but other than a guy being shrunk and the fairy I don't think it fits your description very well, check it out just in case though.

FernGully: The Last Rainforest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb 16, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    im gonna suggest 'fern gully' but other than a guy being shrunk and the fairy i dont think it fits your description very well, check it out just incase though.

FernGully: The Last Rainforest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ohhhh, it's not Fern Gully, but thank you Albear! That's another classic I forgot about, haha! :D I loved Batty.

I'm still having trouble remembering anything more, I wish I could describe the unique animation there was to it but I really can't. I'm not sure if it was American or European, it didn't look Asian but it still could be. I kind-of remember how the fairy princess dies in the end, she gets swept up in a huge gust of wind I'm almost thinking it was symbolizing a lawn-mower or something of the sorts since they were so tiny but there wasn't actually a lawn mower there. Any way, her "lady's-in-waiting" along with the boy that fell in love with her are desperately grabbing onto her trying to keep her from flying away, but they lose their grip and she's gone. Sorry it's so vague! :(
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Maybe it was an anime? With one of the protagonists dying I'm tending to think that as well as you saying it was a unique animation, anyway I can't think of anything else sorry about that

Feb 16, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Yeah, I'm a big anime fan nowadays and it had some elements of anime to it, but it definitely wasn't a traditional Japanese one if it was technically an anime at all. The animation style was almost similar to that of Fantasia with the Waltz of the Flowers section with all of the flowers in there that almost looked like maidens. Same kind of thing with this movie. I think it might have had Garden in the title too, Symphony Garden, Sweet Symphony Garden? Arghh! *Smacks head against desk*
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Feb 17, 2008, 02:09 AM
    Maybe, "Rose Petal Place" I never saw it, but I had a book and it was about these little flower maidens. Anyway, it's just a suggestion. I think it may have been a TV show too.

Ugh, I'll keep thinking.

But maybe it's an episode of Disney's Silly Symphonies?

Feb 29, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust713
    Maybe, "Rose Petal Place" I never saw it, but I had a book and it was about these little flower maidens. Anyways, it's just a suggestion. I think it may have been a TV show too.

ugh, i'll keep thinking.

But maybe it's an episode of Disney's Silly Symphonies?
    Hmmm doesn't appear to be either one but thanks for the suggestions! I did remember something about it finally, although probably won't help much. The boys name was Michael because I remember the flower fairy princess calling his name over and over.
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 5, 2008, 02:45 PM
    I know the movie name :)

It is a film done by sanrio -- hello kitty even appears I believe at one point
    It was made in 1985
    The title is Yosei Florence (aka fairy florence)

There was an english version done that same year called "a journey through fairyland"

Check this website out : [url]http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/unico/red_flower.html

Apr 5, 2008, 06:55 PM
    OMG Thank you SO much! Yes that's it! So it was an anime after all! Thank you very much anonymous Guest! Hehe! I'm going to go find a copy of it right this very minute!
    tms590 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 08:30 AM
    What was the name of this movie? I've been looking everywhere for it but I can't remember the name either. Help!
    DiomedesRex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 09:16 AM
    The title of the anime is A Journey Through Fairyland or, in Japanese, Fairy Florence.

You can find a ton of information on it here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1458
    joshywa91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 07:35 AM
    A Journey through Fairyland?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated Children's Movie of the 80's early 90's [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so this was a children's movie probably set in the late 80's early 90's and it had to do with a forest of animals. There was a huge toxic waste spill and all the animals got sick but healed, all of them except the smallest one who was close to death (I know horrible for a children's movie)...

Animated children's movie from 90's [ 6 Answers ]

I only remember little bits of the movie and I've been searching for about a month to figure out the title of it. Maybe someone's seen it. Because it's driving me crazy. the basic plot is this boy floats around on his bed with his pet squirrel, a flying squirrel I guess because it wears a pilot...

Children's movie from 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This has been driving me crazy for almost a year! Here's what I can remember... Three kids either going to visit their aunt or grandma (really weird looking people, very eccentric) and stuff in the house comes to life. I think its musical instruments or something strange like that. There was...

Children's animated 90's movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am inquiring a question about a movie that I saw a while ago. I was about 13 or 14 when I saw it so I can't remember the title. The movie was Japanese I think, but it was about a young boy who has a dream at night and I'm pretty sure that he travels on his bed to a magical land. There is an evil...

View more questions Search