Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Feb 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Quick question. I have seen a lot of these threads where people are confused about what constitutes virginity. I was just wondering what most of you thought about oral sex. If you have had oral sex but not intercourse, are you still considered a virgin?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 03:48 PM
    I have moved your question to a thread of it's own. It's not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread as it causes confusion and your question may go unanswered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Yes, as for as I know most people view this as a virgin.

Feb 16, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I have moved your question to a thread of it's own. It's not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread as it causes confusion and your question may go unanswered.
    Sorry, I apologize for that. I was actually worried that people would get angry because I was posting another similar topic. Thanks for clarifying things.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Just keep it simple, intact hymen, you're a virgin. :)

You may be the oral sex queen of your town, but keep it simple... hymen intact, you're a virgin! ;)

Feb 16, 2008, 07:24 PM
    What about from a guys perspective? If he has only had oral sex but not intercourse, is he still a virgin?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Yeah... to me, virginity depends upon actual sexual intercourse (penetration... whether it be vaginal or anal)
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Honey,

Don't be so concerned with what men say... you want to be a virgin, say you're a virgin. It is none of anyone's business but your own. You had sex last year and don't have a hymen, hey, you lost your hymen when you were horsebackriding when you were twelve.

Don't be subservient to men. Think for yourself about you sexuality. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Folks, See how silly and outdated the term virgin is?? A girl can be the biggest whore in town and never been penetrated by a penis.

I'm not referring to anyone here or anywhere.

Feb 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Choux: This may surprise you but I'm actually a guy. I was just curious about what constitutes a virgin. See I'm a 22 year old male and I have only engaged in oral sex. So I was just curious what peoples thoughts were on whether such actions would classify you as a virgin or not. I have mixed feelings because I see oral sex as a very intimate act, but if a girl ever asked me if I were still a virgin I wouldn't really know whether to say yes or no. I just don't want to be a liar.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Confused,

It is no one's business. Tell anyone who asks yes, you are a virgin... or no, you're not. Whatever you wish. This has nothing to do with being a liar! It is no one's business.

My opinion, it is time for you to have intercourse. :)

Feb 16, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    My opinion, it is time for you to have intercourse. :)
    Ha! Well I want my first time to be with a very special woman, that's how it was for oral sex and I want the same for intercourse. It's funny though, I do worry that I might be missing out on a lot of life experiences by waiting. I'm curious, what is everyone's opinion on this? I'm not asking anyone to make a decision for me, I just want to hear opinions.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Here is the dictionary definition of virgin,

vir·gin (vûrjn)
    n.
    1. A person who has not experienced sexual intercourse.
    2. A chaste or unmarried woman; a maiden.
    3. An unmarried woman who has taken religious vows of chastity.
    4. Virgin The Virgin Mary.
    5. Zoology A female insect or other arthropod that produces fertile eggs without copulating.
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, or being a virgin; chaste.
    2. Being in a pure or natural state; unsullied: virgin snow.
    3. Unused, uncultivated, or unexplored: virgin territory.
    4. Existing in native or raw form; not processed or refined.
    5. Happening for the first time; initial.
    6. Obtained directly from the first pressing: virgin olive oil.
    7. Zoology Producing fertile eggs without copulating.

I'll let you decide based on this definition. Personally I think that as long as a female's hymen is not peirced by a penis (am I allowed to say that?) then she is a virgin, and unless a man vaginally enters a woman with his penis he is a virgin. Okay, this sound outdated to me, maybe we need to come up with a new definition.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused25
    Ha! Well I want my first time to be with a very special woman, that's how it was for oral sex and I want the same for intercourse. It's funny though, I do worry that I might be missing out on a lot of life experiences by waiting. I'm curious, what is everyones opinion on this? I'm not asking anyone to make a decision for me, I just want to hear opinions.

You sound like a very sweet and good young man. Ah, I honestly don't think you need other people's opinions my friend, frankly they could use yours ;) .

You keep following your heart and your very good thoughts, and I have a feeling, you will make that very special young lady, a very happy one.

You are not missing out on life's experiences... every day brings a new experience.

You sound like a fine young man - stick to your principles.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Feb 17, 2008, 07:17 AM
    For what it's worth by definition, you are a virgin. Webster's defines a Virgin as "a person who has not had sexual intercourse". Since you have not had intercourse you are a virgin. I would simply tell a mate that you have fooled around, but never had real sex or intercourse.

Feb 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Thanks a lot Allheart, your kind words definitely mean a lot. I hope that someday I will find that special person and when I do I hope she will be comfortable with my "lack of experience." :)
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Well, now that we know the true definition of virgin. At least we know HE doesn't have to worry about a hymen being broken, ha ha. At first I thought it was a young lady, then found out it was a young man.

Feb 17, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    well, now that we know the true definition of virgin. at least we know HE doesn't have to worry about a hymen being broken, ha ha. at first I thought it was a young lady, then found out it was a young man.
    LOL! I wonder why some people assumed that because I was asking a question about virginity that I would automatically be a woman. Is it because society has drilled into our heads the idea only women should be concerned about being a virgin? Interesting...
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused25
    Thanks a lot Allheart, your kind words definitely mean a lot. I hope that someday I will find that special person and when I do I hope she will be comfortable with my "lack of experience." :)

I meant every word. And you will be that special someone and when that day does come, the two of you will be so lost in each other, that you just touching her hair will feel wonderful to her.

Remember, every man and every woman is different. So whether you had 50 past experiences or 0, every man always has that first time, with someone new and has to get to know what he or she likes anyway... so don't fret about no past history.

It's a natural act, that comes naturally. Especially the first time... and even more so when there are deep feelings for the person.

Your doing A okay :)
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Feb 17, 2008, 06:26 PM
    My Websters defines Virgin as someone who has not had sexual intercourse. With that definition you would be considered a virgin, as would your female counterpart. However, a man marrying a woman who tells him she's a virgin, and then months later discovers she's had oral sex with several people may feel completely duped. Perhaps, as Choux suggests, a person can be much less than pure and still be considered a virgin - by the dictionary, at least.

Perhaps your answer would be "according to Websters, yes I am".

Perhaps the question should change to reflect our changing times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get hepatitis by the oral sex [ 4 Answers ]

I been see that guy who is positive with hepatitis be and I gave him blow job and I swallow can I be positive too

Can I get an infection or something from oral sex? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I av been intimate for a while and recently I performed a really fired up cunnilingus on her.but now am stressed up on whether I av exposed myself to infections,can this happen?Was there something else that I should av used at the time some sort of protection??

Oral sex and what that means [ 11 Answers ]

If I guy spends all his time pleasuring you and even goes down on you for about an hour just because he wants you to orgasm and expects nothing in return does that mean he likes you?

Oral sex [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together 6 months and he doesn't hesitate to perform oral sex and I want to return the favour but am not really sure where to start or what to do. Any tips would be appreciated?

View more questions Search