Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikraski Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Fired on medical leave
    I had a job working for ferguson enterprises inc. working in there warehouse gathering product. I got injured pretty good on the job. I got a hold of l&I and opened up a claim. That all went well. At first I was at work doing light work for them. During the month that I was on light duty I noticed people were treating me different including the management. I got put by myself in the back of the warehouse for hours without my boss coming to chech on me. My co workers were also talking bad about me behind my back and to my face about opening a claim. I ended up getting on medical leave because I couldn't use my hand. I was on leave for about four months. I was required to bring in paperwork every week from my doctor giving updates on my condition. I turned everything in on time and have copies of everything. They fired me in November saying I missed to many consecutive days. But I had a doctors note that I had to turn in as well that said I had November off. They have the papers I turned in that day. The only one they didn't have was my doctors note. But that was on top of the other papers. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 02:28 PM
    I would assume you are working the claim though a workers comp insurance company, I would contiune to file my claim with them,

You may also need to be sure there is a workders comp claim filed with your state ( in case they were not doing it though the state but merely from their own payroll)

If you were out on a workers comp, and it was classified and considered a workers comp, you can not be fired. If this injury was not work related or you refused light duty work, they can fire you.

If they did fire while on workes comp, get time for an attorney.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 02:31 PM
    You need to find some labor organization that will help you

American Civil Liberties Union : HIV & Civil Rights<br/>Know Your Rights in the Workplace

Rights of Employees

U.S. Department of Labor: Compliance Assistance: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
    Although you did go over the 12 weeks which may not work for you with the FMLA law.

Feb 16, 2008, 02:52 PM
    To Fr_chuck
    I do believe it was filed with the state. I never refused the light work. I did everything the best I could with my injury never complained. And the injury was work related. I'm receiving 3/4 my wages from L&I.

Feb 16, 2008, 02:54 PM
    To NOhelp4u
    What should I ask these people when I get a hold of them? Or what should I find out?
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 03:00 PM
    I think you need to read up if you do have a case and find a good lawyer.
    If you call the ACLU just tell them everything and they will ask you questions and then tell you the best way to proceed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be fired if I am on medical leave after they have given me a laid off date? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend received papers laying her off after 10 years of employment with a good work history. Her termiation date is in 3 months & have offered her a severance. She had put off having a hysterctomy (with 6 weeks of recovery) because of her immediate boss having cancer & had to cover for her. ...

Got fired while on medical leave [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I'm needing to know what I can due about a company that fired me while I was on medical leave.had miscarriage she told me to bring the doctors statement in on Friday so I could show why I was on medical leave so I did so.but before I got there got a phone call I was fired need to bring in my...

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

Fired Without Just Cause [ 10 Answers ]

I began my new job 4 weeks ago as a test center administrator. I administer exams ranging from education, to doctors exams. During my time there, my supervisor was acting very funny. She didn't take the flyer down for the job position that was there when I first applied. Her two daughters...

Medical issue got me fired. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if this is against labor laws. I started a new job 2 weeks ago and I did not tell them of a condition, in which no one knows what is, If I don't know what it is, how can I tell them I have it for one thing. Well, I had one of my spells, and they told me to bring in all my...

View more questions Search