Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elephant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2003, 05:06 PM
    Free email for wireless pocket PC
    Need free email for my wireless pockect PC. I am using hp jornada 540 series, 133 hertz, 32 Mbites, windows ce version 3.0. and a wi-fi card.
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2003, 09:06 PM
    free email for wireless pocket PC
    elephant:

I don't own any palm-type devices, but I did a search and found what looks like decent information about your model at HP's web site: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/product...da520387&lc=en

I typed in "email access", "hotmail access", and "juno.com" as my search terms, and found a number of possible answers for your situation. I assume you have internet access for your jornada; you can sign up for any number of free email accounts - Hotmail, Yahoo, Excite... there are many others - but you need an ISP (Internet Service Provider) to access the web. You should be able to use whichever one you have at home, I should think.

If you don't have an ISP, you can try one of very few free services... they are disappearing faster than an ice cube in the hot sun.

Here's the link to Juno (they are affiliated with NetZero which has identical service), to download their software: http://www.juno.com/. Be aware, this is ad heavy, and you only get 10 hours of access per month. Their Platinum service is $9.95/month. Free internet access, I'm afraid, has gone/is going the way of the dinosaur.
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2003, 12:04 PM
    free email for wireless pocket PC
    Juno doesn't support DUN (dial up networking) so that wouldn't work you would have to go with a service like MSN to get DUN support I was looking for a cheap alternative for my palm once and found these people... http://www.allvantage.com I never actually used them so I cannot validate if the a good or not but I did searcg them on the BBB online and they had no bad remarks against them...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Black list software for pocket PC [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I know that there is a black list or call filltering software with answering machin for mobile phone But what I'm looking for is for pocket PC ï-mate or qtek 2020" Thanks

Pocket PC [ 2 Answers ]

url . I have just purchased a pocket pc for my wife-----it is compatible with Microsoft explorer and outlook--is there anyway that it can be synchronized with msn -8? Its agreat little pc but to keeep going back and forth between outlook and msn-8 seems ridiculous-would appreciate a...

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

Poor pocket rich in love mother of seven [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any government grants to start a small buss. I want to make it in this life and have a good life for my children

View more questions Search