Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Need to know
    My Boyfriend And I Just Moved In Together 11mths Ago. The Thing Is When We were Moving We Had 2 Couch Which He Sold Mine And Kept His. Like A Month After We Moved In He Changed. He Cheats And I Don't Want To Be With Him. I Have Decided To Take His Couch With Me Since He Had Sold Mine. Is It Against The Law To Take His
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Get out and forget about the couch. Consider it "escape tax", get out, don't look back, $50 gets you a new couch in Pennysaver on any given day, sometimes even free.

When you leave, make sure you do nothing that will bring HIM into your life with you where you're going next... including his couch, lamp, pictures... whatever. Leave it all. Get away clean.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
    You shouldn't take his sofa. Its his property. Period. Even a liar, jerk, and a cheat will be legally protected. You can't take it any more than you can take his car.

As for your sofa... if he sold it without your permission you could try to sue in small claims.

Id personally walk away from it all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Just go. Leave him with the freakin' couch, and get another later. Why give him a reason to track you down, and make a big deal out of a freain' couch??
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Feb 16, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Haha what's so important about the coach?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Taking the couch will land you in court or jail for theft. So you moved in together and sold your couch - did you two split the money or did the money go to you? This should be a warning to anyone else who reads this and has plans to move in with their gf/bf. Store your personal belongings - that way if the relationship goes sour, you still have your things.

I would not worry about the couch - it is all wound up in your need for some sort of revenge. Let your revenge be the silent kind - getting over him and doing much much better than you ever did with him.
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 16, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Do you really want his stupid couch so that every time you sit down you think of him? Craigslist has couches. I have to agree with everyone on here.. leave him, his couches and his multiple girlfriends behind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search