Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreams1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 06:57 AM
    How to get a Copy of Court Transcript
    Can anyone obtain a copy of a Superior Court transcript in Dekalb County Georgia? If so what are the steps to take to get the transcript?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 08:12 AM
    You will have to pay for a copy. ( they are not cheap) also they may not be available for several months after the case depending on the case and requriements for a copy. You need to talk to the clerk of the court.
    kmonk10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 11:17 AM

Can only part of the transcript be requested?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2010, 12:21 PM

Yes, it can. If you know exactly what day and approximately what time the proceeding took place that you are interested in or the exact topic that was discussed in open Court that day you can get this portion. You need to find out just who was the court reporter for that particular judge on that particular day. Usually the Judge's Judicial Assistant will be able to tell you which court reporter is assigned to the judge. Then contact that court reporter and speak to them about which portion you want transcribed. It is usually about $5 a page for the transcript though so be prepared for a sizeable bill. Sometimes the court reporter may request a deposit so don't be alarmed if they do as it is standard in the industry to ask for a deposit for an unknown customer especially if not an attorney requesting the transcript.

You can also get an estimate of just how much the transcript will cost as well before you proceed with any deposit or ordering of the portion you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find lost transcript? [ 6 Answers ]

My wife wants to return to school, but the college she attended in the 1970's is now closed and she needs her transcript. Is there a clearinghouse that keeps transcripts from defunct institutions? How do we get a transcript from a closed school? Thanks!

Transcript from closed down school [ 6 Answers ]

I need to find my transcript from a business school that has closed down. How would I do that?

Getting a transcript from a college that closed [ 1 Answers ]

I went to school at two business colleges that have since closed.  Any suggestions on what to do as reference to getting transcripts from them?  Is there a place that they go to submit transcripts before they close their doors for good?

Need my transcript [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get a copy of my college transcripts from a school that closed here in Indianapolis, Indiana?

View more questions Search