Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 22, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Sunday dinner
    I'm just prerping our Sunday lunch and I started to wonder what everyone else does.
    Who in your household is in charge of the main Sunday meal and what do you have ?

In my house I tend to be in charge of the whole shooting match.
    Sundays for us normally means some sort of roast, today its Duck, with all the usual bits.
    Roast spuds, parsnips, steamed carrots (a special of mine), something green, yorkshire puddings and gravy. Normally followed by some sort of pudding, I must admit that this is normally a shop bought effort ;)
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 22, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Curly, in my home its myself that does the Sunday Roast with all the trimmings... We like big dinners on a Sunday so we can just switch the telly on and then just ZZzzzZZZZzzz lol. I really don't think you can beat the good old Sunday Roast?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Hey, Curlyben,
    Can I come have Sunday dinner with you??
    I do most of the cooking, all through the week. My wife is not in good health, and she has taught me much of her "secrets"... but still not as good as her cooking.
    We like many dishes, from spaghetti, frozen foods, catfish fillets fried, shrimp boiled or fried, chicken, to great homemade Beef Vegatable soup, and chili.
    The best dishes are those that I can make a whole "potfull", and eat for a couple of days!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:11 AM
    For me it is usually myself that prepares Sunday dinner or my wife helps as well. Some ideas, of what I may prepare. Homemade meatloaf, vegatables, and baked potatoes. Pork Chops, vegatables, baked potato. Homemade triple decker club. Home made Chili dinner. Homemade pizza. Roasts are oh, so good. Usually we have vegatabuls and salads as well as potato. So usually the dinner on Sunday is of course is the biggest dinner of the week and does usually have Prince edward island spuds. Oh, in the store I go to the roasts that are already prepared are way expensive. Some stores sell the meat the way they get vacuum packed from the ware house and I prepare the roast myself. Usually you can get a roast, some steaks and some stewing beef with the good chunk of meat that costs up to 15 dollars.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Tee hee I think one day out of seven isn't bad going for cooking ;)

Jan 22, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Lmfao
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    tee hee i think one day out of seven isnt bad going for cooking ;)
    LOL I guess that's true ! I get the feeling my other half would agree 100% with your comment.:D
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Its nice but you should see the washing up lol if there's a pan clean he will find a use for it

Jan 22, 2006, 08:39 AM
    What there really is no use for the other clean pan's?? So we don't have to use everything in the kitchen then! LMAO.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:41 AM
    ;) hehehehehe eeeerrrrr nope
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 22, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Lol had mine earlier now to watch United v Liverpool
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:59 AM
    LOL we don't do football but I do hope manu win
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 22, 2006, 09:01 AM
    Yay thanks I doubt we will though even if we do it will only effect 2nd place and Champions league qualification
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 22, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Sunday lunch
    Yum yum.Lets see.Mr Nez (me),prepares the meat.It's chicken today.Mrs Nez (Sally),will prepare the veggies,etc.Nez jnr (Thomas)will get under our feet.Tantrum occurs.Have I feed the cats.Er,I did last week :D
    All on by 11:30am.Usually eat around 1:45pm.Chicken with potatoes,carrots,brocoli,peas,roast potatoes,Yorkshire pudding,yum,yum.
    Afterwards,the kitchen looks like a battlefield.After washing out the pans (me.Doh! ),the rest,goes in the dishwasher.Damn,I've missed Enterprise on Sky One.Oh well,it's only a repeat.We won't have pudding,as it's too much.We rest for 30 minutes,then go for a walk by our local river,and return frozen.Now,when is the new series of Time Team on... agh... 5:55pm,Channel 4.Catch you later guys.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Sheese and you didn't invite us mmm there's something wrong there and you have a flipping dishwasher ours is called laura ;)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Mmmm... you guys are making me hungry!
    If I make Sunday dinner, it's usually a roast... elk or buffalo (I don't eat beef), or a roast turkey, along with mashed potatoes, gravy, bannock, turnips, stuffing, green salad, jellied salad, noodle pudding and pickles. Pie is my favorite to serve for dessert. Sometimes I also make lasagna with ground turkey instead of beef, and add lots of spinach to it... spinach is really good in lasagna. Or I'll make homemade macaroni and cheese.

If Alex makes dinner, it's a Sunday buffet at a restaurant! ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 03:45 AM
    We have yet to venture out for Sunday lunch with baby in tow neither of us are that adventurus lol
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 03:48 AM
    Well Sunday lunch only happens when my mum has time. Being a florist she works a lot of hours. Yesterday we had 'Toad in the Hole' with Roast Potatoes, Vegetables, Stuffing & Gravey - Yum Yum Yum :)

I can quite happilt cook a roast myself, but when I am only cooking for one maybe two - I don't really see the point. ;) Unless my mum cooks, everyone else just goes elsewhere for lunch lol
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 04:11 AM
    Hehehehehe we don't have parents that close or we would spend every Sunday at bens mums
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 04:30 AM
    That's a shame - but at least you know what your cooking is being done to your own spec and it will taste exceedingly good :) - by the way we have a dish washer too - so much more convenient in a house of 5 people. If there were only 1 0r 2 of us though, we probably wouldn't use it.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 23, 2006, 05:04 AM
    Curlyben and Curlyben's wifey, you guys are so cute. :p
    Normally on Sundays my husband and I are too pooped out to make Sunday dinner, not always, so usually its grilled cheese sandwhiches, lol!
    But growing up my parents would always make a ham or turkey (turkey?! ) after church services. It was always nice looking forward to them as a kid.
    Maybe I should try to make more of an effort to keep the tradition going.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rabbit [ 6 Answers ]

Is it OK that I let my rabbit in the bed with me on a Sunday moring for a snuggle... she loves it!! :p

View more questions Search