Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akrystal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 03:14 PM
    How to get a mortgage with bad credit and being on ssiI
    My husband and myself would like to buy a home for our family and we both have not so good credit and we also are on ssi. We need help finding a mortgage company that would be willing to help us get a home loan... if anyone knows of any please help... :(
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Have you looked for homes that are owner financed?
    srculpepper Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Just the fact that you are on SSI is a non-issue... as long as it is verifiable it's just like having a paycheck. *** personal information edicted out
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 04:16 PM
    In general if you wanted to do this two years ago, you most likely would have had several loan offes, but most of the sub prime ( high risk) loan companies have went bankrupt and those left are not doing the high risk as they did before.

If you can get one at all, you need to go to a mortgage broker that has doznes of companies they broker with and try. The higher down payment you have the easier it will be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

I need student debt consolidation loan for poor credit or bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone suggest me I'm from singapore and I wish to go study in USA.Anyoone suggest

How do I get a second mortgage with a low credit score? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to find a company that will give me a second mortgage with a low credit score.

How to buy a house with bad credit, no credit, and no money down [ 22 Answers ]

I'm a mother of two, one 22 who is going to have a baby in oct. who is with the daddy of the baby, he is trying very hard, working all the time. But most of his money is going towards the baby. Then one 17 who is mildy mental retarded, They all live in a one room basement apartment. They really...

Pulling Credit For mortgage Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Shopping For A Mortgage, My Credit Is Being Check Every Time. Is This Going To Affect My Credit Rating. Do I Have Any Grace Period Before It Does Hurt My Rating.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search