Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broken1nce2many Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 11:53 PM
    Help!
    One of my best friends is this guy named Connor, and every time we get together he ends up holding me hand or in a corner with his arms wrapped around my waist. I really like him, but after all this happens he tells me that he doesn't really like me and that he doesn't know why he did it, and of course I end up crying every time. This time, meaning this Friday, it happened again, but he sent me this email earlier today saying that he was really sorry, but he just doesn't like me, and he was using me to get someone else off his mind. He says that I was a propr, but that he's trying to get straight to the point and not be mean. I've been BAWLING. I can't sleep, its hard to eat, and absolutely EVERYTHING reminds me of him in some way. I still can't believe that I went along with it again, when I know that this happens every single time. He expects everything to be the same between us, just like it always used to be afterwards, just friends, but I'm so sick of this and I don't want to do that this time, I want him to either stop playing with me, or just suck up his pride and ask me out already. What do you think I should do? :confused:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2006, 12:05 AM
    I think he is not being a true friend. A true friend would not use somebody as a prop. For you to let him play with your emotions like that and you knowing he does not like you. What you need to tell him is I do not want you to touch me. I do not want to be a prop. Until you truly want to be my friend go away. It maybe upsetting at the beginning but believe me it is not worth the pain and suffering. Let him go. Tell him you do not want to be around him. Maybe when the shoe is in the other foot he will change his tune.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 22, 2006, 02:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I think he is not being a true friend. A true friend would not use somebody as a prop. For you to let him play with your emotions like that and you knowing he does not like you. What you need to tell him is I do not want you to touch me. I do not want to be a prop. Until you truly want to be my friend go away. It maybe upsetting at the beginning but believe me it is not worth the pain and suffering. Let him go. Tell him you do not want to be around him. Maybe when the shoe is in the other foot he will change his tune.
    I have to strongly agree here. This jerk does not respect you or your feelings and is very selfish. Forget about him, but before, tell him off to relieve some of the frustration he has caused you. He needs to be taught a lesson that he cannot play with other people's feelings. TELL THE JERK OFF, and then go on and enjoy your own life.

If you're feeling a little bit unable to cope, go easy. Give yourself the pep talk you need, and if that doesn't work, then find a way to pamper yourself until you're ready to make your move
    You are young enough and the pain and thought of him will go away soon, we promise.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Hi, Broken,
    Thank you for posting a question here at this site, and Welcome!
    The answers you have received are very good. This guy is just using you.
    It does sound as if you like him a lot, and it is hard to break off things with someone you like. But, you can do it.
    The best way to forget about him, and will take a little time, is to meet new boys. Talking with others will help you forget about it. Eventually, you will find someone who respects you, likes you, talks with you, and is open, caring and honest with you... not into games. Personally, I would not communicate with this guy anymore. I do wish you the best of luck.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 01:04 PM
    This guy doesn't sound like he is actually interested in you romantically. He has been honest, he is just using you, and will continue to use you again and again until you put a stop to it.

So first, you have to understand that you and he have no romantic future. If that is hard, then your best bet is to try to interact with him as little as possible.

The guy is using you. He is a jerk, and will continue to be this way, if not with you, then with someone else after you put a stop to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search