Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chell1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Tenet rights vs housemates rights for removal of housemate
    [F] Good day everyone. My question is this: Can I have my housemate evicted from my apartment if she has not paid her part of the rent for several months? She is on the lease as a occupant only. I know I can have her removed from the lease by submitting it in writing to the landlord. I have receipts as to when she paid rent and not. There is no security deposit at steak on her end, just her personal belongings. She has not worked or paid rent since Oct. 07.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Yes, in the magistrate or small claims court.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Feb 15, 2008, 08:09 PM
    And after you have her removed , then have that "steak"!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Definitely contact the legal authorities in your local area to find out what steps you must take to protect yourself, and evict someone, and start them ASAP. Laws vary as do the tenants rights so there is no one specific answer that fits all areas. Having known people who took the wrong steps in the past you DO want to make sure its done correctly in accordance to your local laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

Renter's Snow Removal/Vehical Rights in Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, everyone; Here's my situation. I'm looking for some advice, please. I live in Lake County Illinois, where I rent an apartment in a building with a parking lot. We currently have about 14 inches of snow on the ground that caused my wife and I to miss two days of work. We own two vehicles,...

Open adoption and removal of parental rights of the father [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is pregnant and the baby will be put up for open adoption. This is be best for the child. My daughter is only 20 and still in college. She is not emotionally, physically or financially able to raise the baby. The father is a manipulating liar, thief and has 3-4 warrants out for his...

Parentel Rights, voluntary removal. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok. First Id like to say hello. So "Hello" :) Second, here's the situation. Me and my ex were never married (although we got engaded, but it didn't work out). She has file for child support, and its my understanding that under North Carolina state law that 100% equal rights are given to the...

View more questions Search