Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chriswi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 12:57 AM
    German translation
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if someone could help me write a letter in german. I know basic german, but I need some help to sound a little more professional, my command of the german language still isn't "tip-top"! So I need to write a letter to my teachers, asking them for homework, and what I can do to catch up on assignments and lessons that I have missed!
    If anyone has any ideas please help!

So far I have,

Lieber Herr..
    Da ich diese Woche nicht dabei sein könnte, wollte ich Ihnen fragen ob es Hausaufgaben oder sonst noch was gibt, die ich nacharbeiten soll. Wenn so, dann könnten Sie mir diese Unterlagen bitte par e-mail schicken oder an der Sekretariat lassen, damit ich Sie heute nachmittag abholen kann.

Danke!
    Mit freundlichen Grüssen
    CW
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 01:38 AM
    I do know of a person who is currently active on this site who is in Germany and who can probably help you with your question. I will let her know about your question. I do know how to write and speak a little German, but not to the extent that you are wanting help with in your question.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Literal translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babel
    Dear gentleman....., Since I could not be this week thereby, I wanted you to ask whether it homework or otherwise still which gives, which I am to do over again. If so, then you could send these documents to me please par email or leave at that secretariat, so that I can fetch you this afternoon. Thanks! Yours sincerely
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2008, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswi
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if someone could help me write a letter in german. I know basic german, but I need some help to sound a little more professional, my command of the german language still isnt "tip-top"! So I need to write a letter to my teachers, asking them for homework, and what I can do to catch up on assignments and lessons that I have missed!
    If anyone has any ideas please help!

so far I have,

Lieber Herr.....,
    Da ich diese Woche nicht dabei sein könnte, wollte ich Ihnen fragen ob es Hausaufgaben oder sonst noch was gibt, die ich nacharbeiten soll. Wenn so, dann könnten Sie mir diese Unterlagen bitte par e-mail schicken oder an der Sekretariat lassen, damit ich Sie heute nachmittag abholen kann.

Danke!
    Mit freundlichen Grüssen
    CW
    It sound good to me. I hope you sent it so that you got it on Friday, if not, it might be there Monday. Good luck dear.

The only thing I woul have added was the reason i.e. illness - then you would have to provide the appropriate documentation. Again, hope all went well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Name translation [ 6 Answers ]

Can somebody please translate the name Shikha into sanskrit for me please?

View more questions Search