Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wildcat48 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 08:57 PM
    Adjustable light
    I want to make the brightness adjustable on a Milwaukee 28volt worklight that uses li-ion batteries. Any ideas for this odd ball voltage? Thanks:o
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Seldom a problem using a higher voltage rating device.
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat48
    I want to make the brightness adjustable on a Milwaukee 28volt worklight that uses li-ion batteries. Any ideas for this odd ball voltage? Thanks:o
    LOL Isn't that the light in the new 700 dollar combo kit? I would shake to start modding that!

Jan 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Yeah, that's the one. LOL is right!
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 22, 2006, 09:29 PM
    To be honest with you, that doesn't seem like the kind of question you'd get a satisfactory answer for in this forum. You see, around here, we usually deal with HVAC (High Voltage Alternating Current) - i.e. wiring meant for 120 or 240 volts, with applications generally found inside the walls of homes and businesses. You are dealing with LVDC (Low Voltage Direct Current), which is a completely different issue - for example, low voltage is not lethal, it is meant for portable applications, etc.

A good example of why you may actually find better advice elsewhere is that there may be a solution out there to your question that involves using semiconductiors (transistors, resistors, etc.) to build a logic circuit to control the brightness; but that is not the kind of info commonly found here (that kind of info is more like "science fair" stuff than the kind of work an average electrician does). You're probably better off checking a forum that deals with "Radio Shack"-type issues, if you get my drift (i.e. "Hobbyist Electronics" as opposed to "Electrical Wiring").

Whatever you decide, good luck.
    Moishe

Jan 23, 2006, 03:14 PM
    PalmMP3,
    Moishe, Thanks for setting me straight. Wasn't sure where to go.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 23, 2006, 04:49 PM
    No problem. That's what we're here for. ;)

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

Fan works but light doesn't. Fixed and now the light works but fan doesn't [ 9 Answers ]

While I was at college somehow my fan stopped working. There is absolutely no explination from anybody but my mom did get a replacement so I didn't care too much. The fan has a ground from the mount(copper), ground from the middle of the fan(copper), a hot for the light(blue), hot for the...

Bathroom fan/light: light works, fan doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

I'm back with more "finishing basement" questions. This weekend, I wired my bathroom. This is 20 amp service with 12 ga wire. For the bath fan/light, the power source came into the switch box (1 box, 2 switches) on a 12/2 wire. From there, power goes up to the light/fan on a 12/3 wire. Red goes...

Fixed or adjustable? [ 5 Answers ]

Help.. I am confused about mortgages. I am refinancing my home.. I currently have a loan that could go negative amorization?. and I want to change that.. I have been told to go with a 30 year fixed because interest rates are at an all time low... but my mortgage brokers says that it smarter to go...

Light at own home produces sound when light at neighbor's house is switched on [ 4 Answers ]

I've moved into an apartment. I noticed that whenever I switched on my fluorescence light and when my neighbor switches on his light, my fluorescence light would produce a 'rrrrr' or 'mmm' sound which sometimes can be loud and irritating. I have tried changing the light bulb and even the ballast...

View more questions Search