Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Feb 14, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Industrial piercings as compared to cartilage.
    MMkay... so I would like to know how much worse an industrial piercing hurts as compared to a cartilage piercing... any info will be helpful!
    Please and thank you!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Talk to nauticalstar420. She will know.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:17 PM
    An industrial piercing is through your cartilage. If you want a comparison between an industrial and a standard helix, think about this. A helix piercing is one simple piercing through your cartilage. An industrial is 2 piercings through your cartilage. Since it has to go through 2 points in your ear, it is a bit more of a shock than a standard helix. You may hear a slight pop in your ear, and that is normal. That is just the needle "popping" through your cartilage. I know it sounds alarming, but its okay.

I have an industrial, and it did not hurt me, but my tolerance for pain is high. If your pain tolerance is high, it may not hurt you as badly as it would someone with a low pain tolerance. To know for sure if its going to hurt, the only thing you can do is just get it.

It will swell and be uncomfortable after it is pierced, and any piercing through cartilage can take up to a year to fully heal. If you can deal with these factors, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get an industrial. I absolutely love mine! :)
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Feb 15, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    An industrial piercing is through your cartilage. If you want a comparison between an industrial and a standard helix, think about this. A helix piercing is one simple piercing through your cartilage. An industrial is 2 piercings through your cartilage. Since it has to go through 2 points in your ear, it is a bit more of a shock than a standard helix. You may hear a slight pop in your ear, and that is normal. That is just the needle "popping" through your cartilage. I know it sounds alarming, but its okay.

I have an industrial, and it did not hurt me, but my tolerance for pain is high. If your pain tolerance is high, it may not hurt you as badly as it would someone with a low pain tolerance. To know for sure if its going to hurt, the only thing you can do is just get it.

It will swell and be uncomfortable after it is pierced, and any piercing through cartilage can take up to a year to fully heal. If you can deal with these factors, I dont see why you wouldnt be able to get an industrial. I absolutely love mine! :)

Yeah, I've been doing my research and I've interviewed friends that have them and I think I'll do OK. My pain tolerance is pretty high, it's just that I'm not incredibly familiarized with the sensations of piercings and I want to make sure. A friend told me that despite the fact that they're supposed to be the most painful, her industrial was actually the least painful for her, of course, that varies from person to person. But, in terms of physical pain, not just alarm, how much more painful is the industrial?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Since your pain tolerance is pretty high, I would think that even if it does hurt, it would hurt just a tiny bit more than a Helix. Not much more. It is the same kind of pain as the Helix, you just have to go through it 2 times, since the industrial is technically 2 cartilage piercings.

It's a good thing that you are doing your research. A lot of times, people just jump right in to getting piercings, and then they do not know what to expect or prepare for. My pain tolerance is high as well, and I personally do not even feel it when I get pierced. I do feel the after affect, which is the healing. It is a tiny bit uncomfortable and can be annoying, but if its taken care of properly it will heal as quick as it can and I move on.

You should do okay. It sounds to me like you are preparing well. Good luck! :)
    reaganmichael13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 01:37 PM
    I want one too, but super nervous. I could tolerate my cartalige peircing well, but not sure about this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial Ear Piercing [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I got my industrial done about 4 days ago. After the guy pierced it he sent me on my merry way and didn't give me any aftercare instructions. Can someone who has had this done and it has healed nicely for them give me some advice? Also, on an average how long does it take this piercing to...

How to convince parents to get industrial piercing [ 29 Answers ]

Well ever since my friend convinced me to get the industrial piercing, ITS BEEN ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT. Its driving me crazy and my friend is supposed to get it next month. I'm supposed to go with her. When I first asked my mom she said she would think about it(and I know her, it was more like a...

Which of the following countries is commonly associated with an industrial policy? [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following countries is commonly associated with an industrial policy? a)sweden b) United States c) canada d) japan e) germany

The first and second industrial revolutions in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any info or links regarding how the first two industrial revolutions affected Canada? I've been looking forever, but can't find anything.

View more questions Search