Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tempest2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 06:45 PM
    How to fix a leaking tub spout? And add the pop drain plug
    I have a shower tub combo and the spouts leaks continuously.

It is a single handle style and I believe it is a Delta. I have taken the spout off but there is only a copper pipe that sticks out. I don't see anything else. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to stop it from leaking?

Also, the drain plug was one that pops up and down from a piece that you would pull up on the spout. The plug is missing and I would like to replace that. Could you tell me how to replace that too?
    Thank you
    retiredmanvan Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Feb 14, 2008, 09:23 PM
    The link below is to the Delta Faucet web site and the tub shower page. They also have a contact us page where you can ask questions about your product using the model number and serial number if you have it. Copy and paste the link into your browser and the page will open . If not the site name is Delta Faucet - Kitchen Faucets, Bathroom Faucets & Bath Faucets

Product Search

The drain is most likely the same name as the faucet since they come together.

Good luck,

Van
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Your spout isn't leaking, its doing what it is supposed to do. Lt directs water that has come through your mixing valve. The valve is what's leakinh. Remove the handle and then the escutcheon plate. Shut off the main and pull the cartridge, inspect and clean or replace seals. Put a small amount of plumbers grease on your pinky and lub the inside of the valve body before reintalling the cartridge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace an old tub spout to add shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old tub/tub spout that I would like to add a tub spout with a diverter so that I can add a handheld shower. The spout has a front end connections. Do they sell a kit that has a shower (not handheld) but connects to spout that will fit my connections? I did see one for a rear connector?...

Leaking tub spout [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaking tub spout. So I replaced it with a new one and it is still leaking. What do I do?:confused:

Leaking tub spout.again! [ 3 Answers ]

I fixed my leaking Moen tub spout a while back and all has been well until today. Nothing else has changed with the spout but now it is leaking worse than before. Before was a drip, now I have a solid steam leak. All the parts are changed and brand new.. any suggestions?? Thanks, Christine:cool:

Add a pop-up drain in older bathroom tub.can't find correct size? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently went about replacing an older rusty drain in an inset tub, get the special drain removal tool (vertical piece with hole for screwdriver to help twist out drain). Removed old drain with much effort, then purchased new kit from Home Depot. All "standard" replacement drains including any...

View more questions Search