Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 09:08 PM

1MUDMAN AND 21boat- I do believe that you both have answered his QUESTION!! I also said about the concrete being (HOT) PLUS THE FACT OF ADDING A LOT OF WATER BEFORE POURING THE LOAD OUT< Having 2 OTHER UN EXPED > helpers was very worthless . THE TIME in the truck and the temperature played a very big factor ; THe last early summer I poured any concrete ( MONTH OF APRIL ) I noticed how the concrete was and asked the driver to show me the ticket, HE was on the way for 1hr and 45 min. from the plant to the jobsite,got there about 11:30 am ,temp, was already 91 degrees, ( SWLUMP ABOUT minus 3 ", THE word ( HOT ) isn't the correct word it ; I refused the load ,he called in on his radio and they said ( I WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR CONCRETE < ) I TOLD HIM TO DUMP THE LOAD IN THE DITCH AND TO TELL HIS BOSSD THAT HE WOULD HAVE TO BEAT ME IN COURT < I TORE MY COPY OFF THE TICKET AND HAD THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO SIGN MY NOTE ON THE TICKET <STATING TIME TRUCK ARRIVED TO THE JOB SITE, I NEVER PAID AND I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM!! AS I PUT IN POST # 13 I BELIEVE THAT BOTH PLANT SAND DRIVER - AND THE CRETE PERSON IS AT FAULT:: GOOD ANSWER AND VERY TRUE GUYS:: GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    mestra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2013, 06:40 PM
    One side of my house dirt was washing off with the rain and water I had someone built one feet tall wall all alone the house to retain the dirt but the concrete did not dry and with the little rain we had last week it began falling apart. Could it that the concrete was too old? Or did the guys who did the mixture did not add enough concrete. These work was done on 12/7/12 and it was not cold yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driveway, asphalt vs concrete [ 5 Answers ]

I am about to remove my old asphalt driveway and replace it. Which will cost me less, concrete or asphalt? The driveway is approximately 75'x8'.

Concrete driveway spalling [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I have a badly spalled driveway. I am trying to find products that I can use to repair the driveway, preferably not vynal patches. All I have been able to find is ARDEX, but no one will send it to me or tell me where I can purchase it. The spalling is not deep, 1 inch or less. Any help that...

Pouring Concrete Slap over Concrete piers [ 1 Answers ]

I drew a fairly detailed drawing of the slab that I wanted, with the piers (flagpole support piers, with pipes down to put poles into) shown so they could do it all in one pour. Well, I guess our general contractor cannot read the drawings because all I got were the piers with the metal in them. ...

Hang concrete plaque on concrete wall [ 6 Answers ]

I hope you can help. I am pretty clueless about these things. I have a big serious retaining wall in the backyard and want to attach an 18 x 24 inch concrete decorative plaque to it. I am afraid of damaging it. Is there a way I can attach something this heavy without drilling? Thanks, Lissa

Asphalt over a concrete driveway [ 2 Answers ]

We have a driveway that was installed when the home was built 1 1/2 years ago. The drive has numerous cracks, and pieces coming out. We have tried to get something done about it, but everyone wants to pass the buck. Can you asphalt over an existing concrete drive? Thanks!

View more questions Search