Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macman11393 Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Feb 14, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Cant decide and being pulled to two sied need sugestions
    I was wondering if I should join airforce or marines... 1 airforce is a "cakewalk"compared to marines but in marines it be so mutch more rewarding once I'm done

Airforce-
    I get free colledge and paid its easy and not only that I'm not totally devoted and I can have hobbys and pursue my game programmer career that ide also like to do.

Marines-
    More accomplished ide be stuck there for a while (so said some of my friends) but I would olso like to do somthin along the special forces like a sniper that shoots from miles away I've always dreamed as a kid to do that and I know there sent immediately to iraq and my mom said shed kill herself if I did go but I want to serve my country and repay what its done for me

So if I could have opinions or suggestions thad be great thank you
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 06:17 PM
    If you're Tough, like Adventure, You should check out the Air Force PJ's, Mottow is:
    "So others May Live" It is not a "Cakewalk" Hope you like jumping out of planes. You will feel good.
    They Rescue Specisl Forces/Marines. If you're Young, I would consider.
    Have had good buddies that were Grunt's , Good Guys. I would consider Both.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Feb 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Actually, any branch you join, you can get you college paid for, and each branch is important to this country. And any branch you should feel reward, as how you are among the few that are willing to serve this wonderful country.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Yes, there are ROTC programs with all branches of service that will pay for your college. And no none of the programs are a cake walk, The Air force ROTC basic is not the marines basic by any means but then there is a lot more to all positions. The Air Force as the Army have special forces, and there are snipers in all branches. And remember you are not gong to be sniper just because you are in the marines that is a special school that you will have to complete againt many others to get in.

There are many great careers in both, in the Air Force ROTC you can look at being a missile officer ( ever wanted to arm nukes, you can be in almost any type of job you could be anywhere, if you like computers, you can be a computer expert even.

Feb 14, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Yes, there are ROTC programs with all branches of service that will pay for your college. And no none of the programs are a cake walk, The Air force ROTC basic is not the marines basic by any means but then there is alot more to all positions. The Air Force as the Army have special forces, and there are snipers in all branches. And remember you are not gong to be sniper just becuase you are in the marines that is a special school that you will have to complete againt many others to get in.

There are many great carrers in both, in the Air Force ROTC you can look at being a missle officer ( ever wanted to arm nukes, you can be in almost any type of job you could be anywhere, if you like computers, you can be a computer expert even.
    I meant like the airforce is a kacewalk compard to what u do in marines
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 08:09 PM
    I would compaire anything in life as a cake walk compaired to marines basic training.

Feb 14, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I would compaire anything in life as a cake walk compaired to marines basic training.
    Haha true especially navy seals
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 15, 2008, 07:39 AM
    The dissection is totally up to you. Keep in mind that you life will change dramatically. You will find that you will end up being a changed person. I have been in for over 12 years and I been to hell and back. Pursue a career you won't. If you just won't to be a sniper because it's cool you will soon find out that it is one of the most challenging courses. For example being out in the field with you and your spotter in a hostel area. Trying to get to one place from another with out being detected. This is so emotionally draining that you always need to be on your toes. Every little sound you hear will make you think that some one is near and you have to stand too for 30 minutes to an hour before moving. I could go on. What I am trying to say is, do what you won't to do. You being in the military will still make you a hero. Pursue your dreams. You will be glade you did it in the long run. What I always say to my friends is if you ever join, get the most out of it like education, courses, and so on. I hope I helped you narrow your decision.
    Sophiekins Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 07:36 AM
    I have a great deal of respect for the marines. And I will admit their basic is much tougher than that of the Air Force. My boyfriend was a marine and has told me of his time in basic. I was in the Air Force and in the Army. One of the AFSCs I held in the Air Force was on a flightline and so was my boyfriend's Job in the Marines. He was a Harrier Jet Mech and I was an AGE Mech. Both of our jobs required a large commitment from us since our schools were quite intense. My school alone had a 60% wash-out rate at the time I went through it. If I were you I would consider what you want to do in the military before you pick a branch. When you do finally choose a college and start your degree program the career you chose in the military may provide you with credits that you need for that particular job field. Either way you swing it any branch has a variety of things to offer you. Good luck and happy hunting.
    jdfalski Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Marines motto "kill or be killed" Airforce is still rewarding just not so deadly
    JROTC Tubolino Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by macman11393
    i was wondering if i should join airforce or marines...1 airforce is a "cakewalk"compared to marines but in marines it be so mutch more rewarding once im done

airforce-
    i get free colledge and paid its easy and not only that im not totally devoted and i can have hobbys and pursue my game programmer career that ide also like to do.

Marines-
    more acomplished ide be stuck there for a while (so said some of my friends) but i would olso like to do somthin along the special forces like a sniper that shoots from miles away ive always dreamed as a kid to do that and i know there sent imediatly to iraq and my mom said shed kill herself if i did go but i want to serve my country and repay what its done for me

so if i could have opinions or suggestions thad be great thank you
    MARINES all the way I'm a Navy man so its really natural to say that BUT The air force takes better care of their people.

May 16, 2009, 10:21 PM

Thank u all it did really help and I'm already looking into information in marines but I'm just starting there not going to go all out crazy and precise
    armyguy98c10 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 02:44 PM

Just join the Army. It is the middle ground! The airforce does take care of there people better but their promotions are a little screwey.

Marines have open contracts which means they can offer you whatever job they want you to fill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What becomes of pulled teeth? [ 18 Answers ]

Just curious, why are dentists so secretive about/unwilling to show you your own teeth that they pull? I ask because I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled by 3 different dentists at 4 different times and they all had excuses or reasons I couldn't even look at my own tooth. Reasons given: We already disposed...

Rechargeable Battery Sugestions [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get some rechargeable batteries as my kids toys seem to eat them. In general, I think they are a good investment as I had them as a kids for my r/c stuff and they lasted forever. I usually buy name brand, but am curious if anyone has ever bought no name ones like these one e-bay: 16 AA...

I am a compulsive liar!any sugestions [ 4 Answers ]

I am a compulsive liar and want help... I am ruining my relationship with my boyfriend of 5 years and my children's lifes... someone help me figure out how or what to do to make this stop... I'm not sure if it is a deeper issue like low self esteem or depression or what but I do need to talk to a...

My relationship pulled out from under me [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 25 and she is 23 (I was 23 and she was 21 when we met). About a month ago, my girlfriend left me. It happened almost overnight. We were together for two years, and had lived together for about a little over a year and we got along well, but needed to sort out our financial situation, so I...

Computer freezes to often, need help or sugestions please [ 1 Answers ]

Hello again it me with the crappy computer :eek: I am trying tofigure out how to make my computer stop freezing up every 10-20 mines when I am surfing the web. I don't know what it is because I can play games for 2-10 hours and no freezing up. Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? And...

View more questions Search