Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 08:19 PM
    What does it take to slow a 120vac 60hz motor?
    What does it take to slow a 120vac 60hz motor?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Is it a universal, induction, or what? Somebody may have an answer with a little more detail.
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Don't know if it is universal, induction, or what. The motor is a hand held skill saw for cutting wood as carpanters use.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:13 PM
    In this case you can probably use a solid state variable speed control. These look and perform like a dimmer switch and are designed for older ceiling fan motors. Most hardware stores should have one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Motor [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone know where I can find a fan motor for wood stove It is a Englands motor #7021-4784 Type U21 1/60th hp?

AC Fan Motor [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference in the wiring for a 3 speed motor and a 4 speed motor? I'm having trouble with the reconnection of the new motor.

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

Air conditioners 120vac vs 220vac [ 1 Answers ]

I want to purchase a window air conditioner. Some say that a 220 vac air conditioner is best, I want to know why. I understand that with the 220vac system, you can have more capacity, more BTU's. I don't need much since the room is small. What the difference?

AC Motor [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Rewire a AC Motor that is used on Conveyors?

View more questions Search