Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RCPMDR4-EVER Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Tongue Ring
    I am 15 TURNING 16 in 20 some days... This is a B-Day gift from my Mom... I wanted it DONE... So, she let me go & get it...

I got my tongue done on 2/13/08... YESTERDAY... It didn't REALLY hurt that BAD... BUT... I am SCARED of needles... So, I almost PASSED out... BUT... Anyway... It HURTs to eat... I am scared to eat REALLY... I am ONLY drinking water... BECAUSE... I am scared if I drink pop of ANY sort it will BURN... I am scared to EAT soup... Like chicken noodle soup... BECAUSE... it is a little salty... I am NOT sure if what I am using is the RIGHT thing to CLEAN it with... I am scared to eat my SOUR candy( I ONLY EAT SOUR CANDY)...

If you KNOW anything about tongue rings &... What you can EAT, DRINK, & ETC... PLEASE give me advice... I would REALLY love it...

Basically TELL me EVERYTHING you KNOW about it...

:D
    Thanks A lot,
    Michelle R...
    nevie26 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Hey 4-ever, I got my tongue pierced about 2 years ago when I turned 18, and well your tougne is going to be sore no matter what you eat. My tougne was swollen for about a week. My suggestion would be to only eat soft foods like jello, mashed potatoes, eggs stuff that doesn't require a lot of chewing, and always rinse your mouth out with mouth wash after you eat, don't play with your tongue ring until it is healed and just keeping using that mouth wash it will fight infection and make it heal faster it will be your best friend.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Hey Michelle! :)

As for what you can and cannot eat, stay away from dairy, spicy foods, and chocolate for the first 1-2 weeks. These products can cause your piercing to flare up a bit. Don't worry about eating soup, or any other liquid or mushy foods. The less you have to use your tongue, the better.

It will remain swollen and tender for up to a week, that is normal. A piercing is a wound to your body, so keep in mind that any wound will swell and be uncomfortable. To relieve the pain and swelling, you can take Ibuprofen. It will also help to suck on ice chips, and eat popsicles.

Do not play with your tongue ring, and do not click it on your teeth. Rubbing and clicking it on your teeth will wear down the enamel on your teeth and cause them to weaken. Do not change the jewelry for 6 weeks. This will give the piercing time to stabilize enough to change the jewelry with minimum irritation.

Wash it out with alcohol free mouthwash twice a day, and when you brush your teeth in the morning and before bed, GENTLY brush around the barbell on the top and bottom of your tongue. If you get a white film on your tongue, that is a sign you are overcleaning.

You may get a white gooey substance coming from the piercing. This is called lymph, it is your white blood cells trying to patch the hole. IT is your body's natural defense mechanism, and it is normal. Gently remove the substance with a Q-tip. You may also get an indent in your tongue. This is caused by your tongue swelling enough to where the top ball of the jewelry indents into your tongue. This is also normal and will go away with time.

Signs of infection include severe swelling, severe redness, and a yellow or green discharge that tastes and smells bad. If you develop any of these symptoms, see a doctor for antibiotics.

Good luck hun! :)
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Tongue rings are just another advertisement like the tattoos on the small of the back of girls, that is why they are called "Tramp Stamps"
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Whoever came up with the name "tramp stamp" is an idiot. I don't know why piercings and tattoos have to be linked with being an irresponsible, dirty slut. Body art has nothing to do with being slutty or dirty, it is how some people express themselves.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Whoever came up with the name "tramp stamp" is an idiot. I dont know why piercings and tattoos have to be linked with being an irresponsible, dirty slut. Body art has nothing to do with being slutty or dirty, it is how some people express themselves.
    I understand that body art is a way that some people have of expressing themselves, the same way that some cutters have of expressing themselves.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    I understand that body art is a way that some people have of expressing themselves, the same way that some cutters have of expressing themselves.
    Cutting yourself is mutilation, body art is not. There is a difference. Some people paint to express themselves, some people decorate their house in order to show their freedom of expression, and some people get tattoos and piercings to express themselves. I hardly think that mutilating yourself, and getting professionaly done tattoos and piercings are one in the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Tongue ring and playing an instrument [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get my tongue pierced this Friday, but I don't know if I can because I play a brass instrument in a wind ensemble and we practice twice a week. If I were to get my tongue pierced Friday evening, would I be able to play my instrument on Tuesday?

Is it okay to change my tongue ring yet? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced exactly 2 weeks ago, and I was wondering if it was okay to change the barbell I got pierced with to a smaller one. And if that is okay, how should I change it?

Painful tongue ring [ 3 Answers ]

I got a tongue ring on 4/21 and they told me that pain will be most painful between 3 and 4 days. Ive had mine for 5 days already, and it is still painful. I feel like its pinching on something, and it hurst real bad. My tongue is still numb. Is this normal? Or should I take it out? Its like a...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

View more questions Search