Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 14, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Hit deer October 2006, want to repair with previous claim
    I hit a deer in October of 2006. I called the highway patrol and they filled out a report. I also filed a claim and got an estimate the next day. At the time, paying the $500 deductible just didn't seem worth it for the amount I thought I could fix it for myself. Now after a year and 4 months, I have decided that I would like to pay the deductible and get the damage fixed. I called the body shop that did the estimate and they said to check with the insurance company, so I did. They said they would get back to me on it, but they didn't today like they said. I have a feeling they might not let me get it fixed since it has been so long and also because I no longer have coverage with them. Am I just out of luck, or do they have to let me get it repaired since it was covered at the time of the accident? I have the previous estimate and so does the body shop, isn't that all I need? The prices may be more now, but they should still fix the same things right? The car has not sustained any further damage since then. Thanks so much! ~Michael
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Yeah if you no longer have coverage with them there is no way they would cover it and you would have had to have it taken care of right after the accident anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roof repair, should I file a claim when the house is no longer mine? [ 3 Answers ]

I sold my house about a month ago. A year ago in Sept 06 there was a hail storm and the roof looked fine to us, so we didn't file a claim or anything because we thought there was no damage. We closed on our house and the new owners asked about the roof and we told them we thought it was fine,...

Freelotto winner on 28 October [ 5 Answers ]

I opened my mail box in gmail and found several new messages one of which was from a site called "where are you now" or WAYN. I clicked on this link and saw a flashing icon that said "this is not a joke! you are the 10,000th user.click on this for more information" or something along those lines....

My son will be 12 in October and wants to come live with me. [ 2 Answers ]

Well I am new to this so here we go. My son wants to come live with me, and I don't know if his mom will fight me on this. We have been divorced since he was 2 and I had to fight almost two years in court to get the normal visitation I have now. I get him every other weekend and holidays and have...

Married in dec 2006, both opt->h1 from oct 2006, tax category? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my wife were both on F1->OPT till sep 2006. Both of us started our H1B From Oct 1,2006. We got married in Dec 2006. Now according to SPT both of us are non residents for tax purposes as days spent on F1->OPT are not counted towards SPT. But if we file jointly(which we should since we...

May I claim my parennts as my dependent for 2006 return using first year choice? [ 3 Answers ]

All tax experts: I am a permanent resident in usa, married and plan to file 2006 tax return using married jointly. My parents came to USA in NOV 20th, 2006 to visit us and live with us until November 2007. I provide them all the living costs. May I claim them as my dependents using...

View more questions Search