Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanjsingh Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Training Contract
    I want to know how big a deal is job/training contract. This consultant company that I signed contract with promised me a lot but now they do not have any projects and it has been 2 months already since I joined them. There was a 3 week training period and their contract states that if I break the terms and conditions and join other company I will have to pay some training fee ($3000).

I do not know whether such contracts are really worth paying attention and can do harm to me.

Thanks
    AJ
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 03:45 PM
    There's a possibility you've been scammed. Free training now, but when they don't provide any work, you can't work elsewhere without having to reimburse them for the training. Sounds to me like they may be selling training to you through this back door.

A contract is give and take relationship. If they've given you nothing so far, you need to declare the contract void. Look for the terms of accountability. How much work did they guarantee? If it wasn't in the contract, then can you get confirmation from others that they promised certain things employment-wise and failed to deliver.

If so, you may have a case for breach, or at least and out. You need to serve them notice that they must meet their obligations to you for work, or they will lose you and where you work after that is none of their concern since they failed to meet their verbal promises, as well as the written ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

Upon death of a seller in a real estate contract, how to get a buyer out of contract [ 23 Answers ]

In the state of Missouri, a seller in the middle of a sales contract died. The closing time is not yet lapsed and all the contingencies on the buyer side is fulfilled. There is will in place and an executor named for the estate already. The son (named executor) can not legally sign for the deceased...

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

Training for 5K [ 2 Answers ]

I've reluctantly agreed to do a 5K one month from today- I'm overweight (5' 5" and 170lbs:( ) and very out of shape so I need to start training. Any suggestions on how to start? Currently the only exercise I get outside of normal daily activities of caring for a home and 2 small children is...

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search