Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Hiding car and house keys
    I am new in the area, and I don't have friends or family around.

In case, I get locked out my car or apartment; I might need assistance.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Hello r:

The simplest method would be a magnetic "hide a key" thing that you attach to your car on the outside. You could bury a house key under a brick or a rock in the yard.

There's lots more expensive solutions than these.

excon
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Had to say something seeing this, Sounded funny "Excon helps tell person where to put their car and apartment keys" He just needs your address now, kiddin'.
    Besides the magnet, at apt, hide in location no one can see you retrieve or leave, can be short walking distance. On car you can wire with stainless wire out of site. Remember a mechanic may find, remove while at the shop? No identy on keys
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 02:37 PM
    If you use one of the magnetic holders put it somewhere not normal, most people put it under the wheel well area or under the bumper sometimes at a harder to get to place. Perhaps up under the frame, where you have to be on your back on the ground to get to it.

They make some keyless entry for your home, push buttons even fingerprint code readers.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:44 PM
    If you are a little gadget oriented, You coud use a hidden magnetic switch(like you use in alarm systems, then to unlock door place magnet near to activate, a small relay would also be needed. A hidden momentary pushbutton?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 05:45 PM
    There is always the small key lock box for about $25. I have sveral of these. You screw them into a door frame or any sturdy surface, there is a small key pad where you punch in a code and the door opens to expose 2-5 keys. Most hardware store and home centers have them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hiding emotions [ 2 Answers ]

I foolishly fell in love with someone. I have never met a man like this before. He didn't like to kiss or even touch hardly at all. His wife left him after many years of marriage, three kids. He told me that he doesn't show feelings because that way he won't get hurt. I am on my own again,...

Peugeot car keys... [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quickie... my Peugeot 106 key (which is central locking) has stopped working. Does this type of key take a battery? If so, what kind? Thanks!! :D

Should I buy a car first or a house [ 13 Answers ]

Dear everyone, I have a question: Once I have saved some money, should I buy real estate first or buy a new car(the old one is paid for)? Why is that?

House deeds and car title tied up on mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Can the bank tie a car title into a home mortgage loan?

Hiding programs [ 8 Answers ]

How do I hide a program from the Add/Remove List in XP? Not sure which yet I want to hide, but like say MSN or IE or something similar. How would I reenable them to the list if it is even possible to remove them to start with? Thanks.

View more questions Search