Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaylipso72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
    IE7 cannot connect to the internet.
    Yesterday morning I went to use IE7 and it kept giving me "This webpage cannot be displayed". When I clicked on the diagnose connection problem link it tells me ports 80,443 and 21 are behind a firewall. I have no firewalls installed. IE will let me on the web in safe mode. I can also access the net through various other programs,just not IE7. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:21 AM
    You have NO firewalls?

I suggest reinstalling IE.
    Kaylipso72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
    I did reinstall IE. The only firewall program I have is the one that comes with windows xp. I have disabled that one and tried connecting. Still wouldn't work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot print from Outlook Express or Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot print any note from Outlook Express or Internet Explorer 7. I'm not sure, but this may have started at the same time that the upgrade to IE7 installed itself on this computer. Here is the text of the error I see, which is always the same: Internet Explorer Script Error ...

Internet Downloads Fail IE7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with downloading programs from sites such as download.com. Alos music sites. The problem has arisen since I had to reinstall my OS and programs after a HD failure. Basically if I download or choose "save target as" the save window appears briefly then disappears (a few...

Can connect to Firefox but not to IE7 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, on any internet connection (i.e. dial up, LAN, wireless etc) I can view pages on Firefox but not on IE7 - normally I wouldn't be bothered as hardly use IE but occasionally need to download some things that will only work with IE! When I open IE it says Internet Explorer cannot display the...

Can't connect to Internet [ 4 Answers ]

I am connecting to my wireless internet, but when I try to connect to the internet it says, "cannot find server." When I try to repair my wireless connection, it stops and says it can't be repaired because it cannot renew my ip address to talk to the person that manages my network. I don't know...

Internet connection to IE7 and e-mail [ 15 Answers ]

Whenever I start my DELL PC, internet connection could not be made for IE7 or MSN Mail, but if I log off WindowXP and log onto WindowXP again then IE7 and MSN mail opens normally. This stated happening for about 2 weeks. At the same time, I started getting the following error message when I shut...

View more questions Search