Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:40 AM
    What did God intend for us?
    Do you think God intended for us to bicker back and forth….yes he exsist….no he doesn't. I'm right …your wrong. Would he be proud of “Christians” and how they spread the word, how they share His Love?

How do you think He feels when we do bicker back and forth?

How do you think He would respond to those who do not believe He exsist?

If God came down to earth today (in physical being form)– who would he walk over and hug first

1) Someone who has worked in a homeless shelter, A loving and caring neighbor, parent friend, but either chose or just does not believe that God exsist.

Or

2) A person who professes to love God but has orally condemened # 1 to eternal hell for their non-belief that He exsist.

For those of you who have children... How does it make you feel when your children fight amongst themselves?
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:50 AM
    This is very deep.

I believe that every person should have a faith, and that said faith be in god.

It is hard to say how God will respond because quit frankly, no one knows. But by not knowing, will that make someone believe or not?

I think that the people he sees that have faith will be left alone and the ones who don't will be approached, but who knows as to what would actually happen.

Are you a Christian?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
    I think that He would expect some controversy.
    Exist or not, may not be a question for some.
    How and where is a constant question.
    The ideals of right and wrong exist, maybe not in a building that's occupied only on certain days.
    Did He want to be acknowledged in a building, or in our hearts and in our homes?
    I don't attend church, nor do I capitulate to organized religion, but I know and do what's right. Does that mean I won't get a hug? I hope it means I'm still in that long line. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    Are you a Christian?
    To be quite honest, I don't know. :o

I was raised Catholic, I am Catholic. I love God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Catholic faith just suits me, it's perfect for me, but I respect all faiths.

It was till I got older that I heard the term Christians.

So, am I? Would you consider me a Christian? (not being smart - I really am asking)

If someone were to ask me, I would and have responded Catholic.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Does that mean I won't get a hug? I hope it means I'm still in that long line. :)

Oh of course you do. :)

I was just trying to paint a verbal picture and take a snapshot of things that I wonder and see.

Honestly, I think God would be pleased with Person #1 and perhaps not so completely pleased with Person #2.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    To be quite honest, I don't know. :o

I was raised Catholic, I am Catholic. I love God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Catholic faith just suits me, it's perfect for me, but I respect all faiths.

It was till I got older that I heard the term Christians.

So, am I? Would you consider me a Christian? (not being smart - I really am asking)

If someone were to ask me, I would and have responded Catholic.
    To be truthful I don't think there is that much a difference between Catholic and Christian.

Both faiths believe in the Lord and that is what matters right?

I am not going to lable you a Christian or Catholic but simply you have a strong faith.

What makes you a Christain and what makes you a Catholic?
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    To be truthful I don't think there is that much a difference between Catholic and Christian.

Both faiths believe in the Lord and that is what matters right?

I am not going to lable you a Christian or Catholic but simply you have a strong faith.

What makes you a Christain and what makes you a Catholic?

That's how I saw it as well. I also always thought we shouldn't wear lables anyway. I think that's how things get tricky.

Thanks
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:49 AM
    1) Someone who has worked in a homeless shelter, A loving and caring neighbor, parent friend, but either chose or just does not believe that God exsist.

Allheart I don't think anyone Chooses to believe or not to believe. They just do what comes natural for them.
    How can you be condemend for what your mind will or will not allow?

I for instance have always been told that If I don't change my ways I'm going to hell. Now this was not said in malice but in tears and fears that I really am going to hell.
    I explained it this way to my mom. I lay down each night with no fear in my heart of what will happen to me should I not wake up.
    Am I sure there is a God? no. I'm not sure there isn't one either.
    Did I choose to think this way? No, this is just how I am.
    If there is a God he will understand and if there isn't one then it won't matter.

I believe a "sinner" that is happy and comfortable in what they do and how they live, without hate in their heart is better off than those professed christians that are looking down their noses at others. At least we are happy and not concerned with someone else's every move, watching and waiting so we can point our finger.

If there is a God how terrible he must feel to know that his followers have so much hate and judgement in their souls. He must be so ashamed and wonder where he went wrong to watch his children rip others apart.

I have meet Christian people on here and in life that I say to myself "if that is how Christains act then I know I don't want any part of it". Those that never miss a chance to make snide remarks to show the world they are right , they do nothing but turn people away. I don't care what the cause is. If you notice, those are the ones that blow up and go away instead of standing firm in their convictions. They run to where "their truth" will be accepted with praise or they stick around but will not acknowledge anyone with respect that does not share in their same belief system.

Allheart I believe if there is a God and he walked on earth in form of a man that he would not accept or hug one over the other. He may hug one with a lighter heart and the other one with a heavier heart, but I believe his hugs would be the same for all.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I believe a "sinner" that is happy and comfortable in what they do and how they live, without hate in their heart is better off than those professed christians that are looking down their noses at others. At least we are happy and not concerned with someone elses every move, watching and waiting so we can point our finger.

( Oh bushg so very true!!!)

If there is a God how terrible he must feel to know that his followers have so much hate and judgement in their souls. He must be so ashamed and wonder where he went wrong to watch his children rip others apart.

(Agan so true, and that is just what I was taught. It hurts Him deeply for us to be at each other)

I have meet Christian people on here and in life that I say to myself "if that is how Christains act then I know I don't want any part of it". Those that never miss a chance to make snide remarks to show the world they are right , they do nothing but turn people away. I don't care what the cause is. If you notice, those are the ones that blow up and go away instead of standing firm to their convictions. They run to where "their truth" will be accepted with praise or they stick around but will not acknowledge anyone with respect that does not share their same belief system.

( So very true again )

Allheart I believe if there is a God and he walked on earth in form of a man that he would not accept or hug one over the other. He may hug one with a lighter heart and the other one with a heavier heart, but I believe his hugs would be the same for all.

Bushg that is beautiful!! Hope you don't mind me saying, but I just adore your heart and you. I'm ashamed that I didn't see it that way as well. You are so right. Of course he would not hug one over the other... aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh Allheart you know better than that!! I just loved what you shared Bushg... Thank you.

I am so sorry about saying "chose not to beleive". Someone once said that to me, that they choose not to believe so I wanted to get it right, but here I didn't. I'm sorry.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Do you think God intended for us to bicker back and forth…
    Interesting topic. Worth investigating.

.yes he exsist….no he doesn’t. I’m right …your wrong.
    What does Scripture say:

Ephesians 5 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Timothy 4 2 Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine.

Would he be proud of “Christians” and how they spread the word, how they share His Love?
    For the most part. Not always though.

Apparently that is what Paul thought he was supposed to do:

Acts Of Apostles 17 17 He disputed, therefore, in the synagogue with the Jews, and with them that served God, and in the marketplace, every day with them that were there.

And we are called to imitate Paul:

1 Corinthians 11 1 Be ye followers of me, as I also am of Christ.

How do you think He feels when we do bicker back and forth?
    He is saddened when believers bicker back and forth. We are His children.

How do you think He would respond to those who do not believe He exsist?
    Psalms 13 1 Unto the end, a psalm for David. The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God, They are corrupt, and are become abominable in their ways: there is none that doth good, no not one.

If God came down to earth today (in physical being form)– who would he walk over and hug first
    To whom did He appear always in Salvation History? Always to the Just.

I can think of no example in Scripture where God appeared to a non believer except to punish them. Compare Moses and Pharaoh. He blessed Moses and punished Pharaoh.

Can you think of any examples where God appeared to a non believer?

Again. The Revelation of God is clear. Without faith it is impossible to please God. And that is only logical.

Lets take an example. Say someone loves you and your children but hates your mom and dad. And insults your mom and dad at every opportunity.

Do you expect your mom and dad to love that person as they love you?

Or

2) A person who professes to love God but has orally condemened # 1 to eternal hell for their non-belief that He exsist.
    Well, St. Paul loves God, doesn't he:

1 Corinthians 16 22 If any man love not our Lord Jesus Christ, let him be anathema, maranatha.

Essentially, St. Paul, in the Word of God has condemned any man who does not love Jesus Christ to hell.

For those of you who have children... How does it make you feel when your children fight amongst themselves?
    I think that is where you are making your mistake. Although God created all mankind, many men do not recognize God's Divine Fatherhood. God is Just. He does not force men to love Him. But He recognizes those who do and considers them His children.

John 10 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice: and I know them, and they follow me. 28 And I give them life everlasting; and they shall not perish for ever, and no man shall pluck them out of my hand

Colossians 3 6 For which things the wrath of God cometh upon the children of unbelief,

Philippians 2 15 That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world.

So, although God wants all men to come to salvation. Many men do not want God's salvation.

The reason I debate with these atheists is because they have their own little section in this forum. But they would rather come here and attack our Christian beliefs.

Is it fair that they should attack our faith with impunity?

You can check all you want in the atheist forums. You won't find me there. I came to this forum to answer questions of the faith.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    The reason I debate with these atheists is because they have their own little section in this forum. But they would rather come here and attack our Christian beliefs.
    Well, I either confused this with another forum or I assumed atheists had their own little corner in which they could discuss their unbelief.

In a brief search of the forum I couldn't find it. So unless I missed it, maybe they should request the mods create one. It might reduce a great deal of the bickering on this forum.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 11:39 AM
    No, those that hate God come looking for the Christian site, ( funny they don't seem to attack the other faiths for their beleifs in their gods)

But it is amazing at how much time and energy people who claim not to believe in a God, spend trashing and trying to tell others there is no god.

As Jesus called those in power a Pit of vipers, and over turned the money lenders in the temple, those that oppose Christ and God on the Christian forums would most likely be treated the same way by God.

And of course Christ would love them all and tell them to accept him and follow them, so I wonder how many unbelievers are ready to drop what they are doing and follow Christ if he is calling them.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
    I can not thank you all enough for your beautiful and heartfelt responses.

I did also wonder why those who do not believe specifically come to areas where the topics are about believing.

Some may think it is like a snake slithering around trying to create upset, discontent and disbeleif or could it be one of our lost brother and sisters seeking and searching for answers.

I tend to believe it is one of our lost brothers and sisters, who are as much children of God as we are, and have lost their way, and somewhere within them are trying to find there way back.

I am so grateful for all of your caring responses.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 09:34 PM
    I requested an atheists board, but management turned me down.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Feb 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Doesn't lack of religion fall under general religious discussions. I think it being under the member area, so that the reds don't fly when someone states an opinion has been an improvement.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    no, those that hate God come looking for the Christian site, ( funny they don't seem to attack the other faiths for thier beleifs in thier gods)
    People would not even comprehend the amount of gods that you hate.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 03:44 PM
    I think this category-religious discussions-is just fine for theists and atheists to have discussions.

Discussions for theists, especially Chuck, is innuendo, speaking for god! insults to atheists, and ignorance.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 15, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Interesting topic. Worth investigating.

What does Scripture say:

Ephesians 5 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Timothy 4 2 Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine.

De Maria, you are exactly right! Frankly, I cannot believe how one who professes to go to Church and "believes" can be so mislead as to go and side with those who profess no faith in God. It is truly sad to see that happening.

To whom did He appear always in Salvation History? Always to the Just.

Exactly right again! And when Jesus sat with publicans and sinners it was always to allow them to hear His word and give them the opportunity to Change from their evil, un-Believing ways or He quickly departed from them.

I can think of no example in Scripture where God appeared to a non believer except to punish them. Compare Moses and Pharoah. He blessed Moses and punished Pharoah.

What you are saying here, again, is Biblical. Sad should be he or she who would dispute Scripture in order to gain another to his side at the expense of God and His word.

Can you think of any examples where God appeared to a non believer?

No, except to punish them for being non-believers and evil-doers in their thought, words and deeds.

Again. The Revelation of God is clear. Without faith it is impossible to please God. And that is only logical.

Of course it is. Quite logical. Scripture defines faith this way. "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." -- HEBREWS 10:38 (KJV). Now, who do you think He is talking about? The un-Believers, the infidels who come to criticize the word of God and those so-called "Christians" who follow them, instead of God.

Well, St. Paul loves God, doesn't he:

1 Corinthians 16 22 If any man love not our Lord Jesus Christ, let him be anathema, maranatha.

Essentially, St. Paul, in the Word of God has condemned any man who does not love Jesus Christ to hell.

And no doubt that is why God has Him in Heaven at this time and He was made a Saint, for his following God's word and teaching those who do not believe -- the difference in being blind and seeing God's True Light.

I think that is where you are making your mistake. Although God created all mankind, many men do not recognize God's Divine Fatherhood. God is Just. He does not force men to love Him. But He recognizes those who do and considers them His children.

That is intuitively obvious to any Born Again Christian. But yet, there are some who wish to willfully give a place at the table to infidel sinners despite these teachings from God, thereby denying themselves to be in alignment with God's teachings and gravitating away from God's recognition of them.

John 10 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice: and I know them, and they follow me. 28 And I give them life everlasting; and they shall not perish for ever, and no man shall pluck them out of my hand

That is so true. Many infidels will close their eyes and shut their ears to the teachings of God from those who have God in their heart. They are very annoyed at hearing God's word and will take every swipe they can at those who profess the Word. It is because they do not Believe, because they are not of God's sheep that they will never "get it" about what it means to truly accept Jesus into their heart and Love and Adore Him as their Savior. But when they stand before Him at judgment day, they may even have the nerve to tell Him that they did "good works", expecting for Him to welcome them into Heaven with that when the Holy Bible says it does not work that way. Good works are wonderful, but along with that, those doing the good works should become Born Again Christians and accept Jesus into their lives in order for Him to accept them into Heaven at their appointed time and Save them. Otherwise, they remain un-Saved according to Scripture as there is No Other Way to Heaven Except Through Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3 6 For which things the wrath of God cometh upon the children of unbelief,

And yet, infidels read and re-read this passage and still continue in their ways. But they will see and taste the sour fruits their seeds have borne. Some already do and are thus reconsidering their stance on this important matter and are coming to Christ. Praise Be His Most Holy Name!

Philippians 2 15 That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world.

So, although God wants all men to come to salvation. Many men do not want God's salvation.

And sad it is for those who do not. For there will be plenty of crying and gnashing of teeth when they pass from this world. But they have made their hole, they must thus lie in it un-Saved.

Is it fair that they should attack our faith with impunity?

Of course not! But I think inner fear drives many of them to do it. They think that it will somehow empower them by joining together and attacking Christian beliefs. But what they don't know is that God is watching their every step and silently jotting down all He sees, in the Book of Life, and will open it up when they stand in judgment before Him and read to them what they did to reject Him while they were on Earth. Their final resting place? God will surely deliver them to the most appropriate place that coincides with just how much they believed in Him.

You can check all you want in the atheist forums. You won't find me there. I came to this forum to answer questions of the faith.

As have I, De Maria! God Bless You for that. Our faith is STRONG and shall remain that way as God's word empowers us to be proclaimers of our Christian Faith.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" -- ROMANS 5:1 (KJV)

And to those
    Christians who speak with faith to infidels and other un-Believers, Scripture has these words:

"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." -- 1 CORINTHIANS 2:5 (KJV). That is all I need to know that what other Christians and I do here in these forums, defending the faith, is right and according to God's expectations. So, we will not be belittled by infidels and their sympathizers when we speak of God's word and teachings with our Christian passion.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    I only hope those who are unfortunately being mis-lead into thinking that God loves those who only do good deeds but that they do not have to accept Him into their heart, come to quickly know the error of their way of thinking according to Biblical teachings as you have so eloquently presented.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Would you consider me a Christian?
    The Catholic Church is the first organized Christian church. From that church has sprung many others including the Protestant denominations.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 15, 2008, 08:36 PM

Psalms 13 1 Unto the end, a psalm for David. The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God, They are corrupt, and are become abominable in their ways: there is none that doth good, no not one.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    What more can I add to the irrefutable Word of God when that Scripture says it all like it is!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

No god, and who is god [ 93 Answers ]

If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?

Notice of Intend to Defend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been reading all of the information regarding credit card companies suing. I too am being sued by Capitol One. My orginial debt was for $800. Which was charged off at $1300. Now they are suing me for $2400.. I submitted a notice with the courts and mailed a copy to the attorneys...

View more questions Search