Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Sky,

Hi, I just noticed sometimes I called you Scott. That's because we have a ScottGem here and I get confused. Sorry.

I don't want you to be disheartend because I believe very strongly the parable that HC shared. I learned that way my whole life.

But if someone was outwardly attacking God with such venhem, then it's time to pray for them and yes, leave them in God's hands.

So all your time here and effort is appreciated and I will probably read it all again.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Another oldie-but-goodie adage from days gone by...

"Let Go. Let God."

Learning when to let go and let God is truly learning to temper your own religious opinions/beliefs/views with grace.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 18, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Scott,

I do understand what you are saying. I don't try and see God in everyone I do see God in everyone. In some form -

The beutiful story that HC shared, is actually how I see God. He would never give up on us. His heart would be so heavy, but he would never give up.

So while we are together here on earth, we can never give up on each other....that is not our place. We need to be like Christ and hug those who hurt us, just a little bit more. I beleive that with all my heart.
    Of course we should never give up in redirecting the flock to Jesus. That is our goal as Christians and one reason why I spend as much time as I do in this forum. I do believe that many times anti-Christians do not feel that love that we share with them to try to make them understand the danger of their ways. We hug them often with no response or an ugly one from them. That can, however, only mean that we are doing right in guiding them and those like them. Therefore, we can never give up on our lost brothers and sisters. For if we did not recognize that they are lost and did not try to guide them to safety where they would be Safe and Saved, we would be more than remiss in our duty to God.

"And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature." -- MARK 16:15 (KJV)
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    Of course we should never give up in redirecting the flock to Jesus. That is our goal as Christians and one reason why I spend as much time as I do in this forum. I do believe that many times anti-Christians do not feel that love that we share with them to try to make them understand the danger of their ways. We hug them often with no response or an ugly one from them. That can, however, only mean that we are doing right in guiding them and those like them. Therefore, we can never give up on our lost brothers and sisters. For if we did not recognize that they are lost and did not try to guide them to safety where they would be Safe and Saved, we would be more than remiss in our duty to God.

"And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature." -- MARK 16:15 (KJV)

Very beautiful Sky - I think there are times we need each other to help hold each other up :).

Feb 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Very beautiful Sky - I think there are times we need each other to help hold each other up :).
    Agreed, Allheart! For even Jesus will carry those who are too weary to carry themselves. Though many in the world will not love us for the work that we do for God, God sees our efforts and it is ultimately He who holds the Key to our life and our Heavenly rewards!
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Agreed, Allheart! For even Jesus will carry those who are too weary to carry themselves. Though many in the world will not love us for the work that we do for God, God sees our efforts and it is ultimately He who holds the Key to our life and our Heavenly rewards!

Very true Sky - and once again thank you for all that you share!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Allheart and HistorianChick--

You two are great. You're like the crew that spreads flame-retardant foam on the runway when a plane has to make a belly landing because it's landing gear is stuck. God's own work, I'm sure. Bless you both.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Coming from you OG and putting me in the same company as HC... :)... my day has been made. I thank you immensely for the kind words. Means mounds and mounds.

I look at it as... I am one step closer to going forward or backwards... and if I hold on dearly to all of you, and you to me, the way I see it we can only go forward :)

Thanks again and I agree, that HC is amazing.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Do you think God intended for us to bicker back and forth….yes he exsist….no he doesn’t. I’m right …your wrong. Would he be proud of “Christians” and how they spread the word, how they share His Love?

How do you think He feels when we do bicker back and forth?

How do you think He would respond to those who do not believe He exsist?

If God came down to earth today (in physical being form)– who would he walk over and hug first

1) Someone who has worked in a homeless shelter, A loving and caring neighbor, parent friend, but either chose or just does not believe that God exsist.

Or

2) A person who professes to love God but has orally condemened # 1 to eternal hell for their non-belief that He exsist.

For those of you who have children.....How does it make you feel when your children fight amongst themselves?

Can't say, it is His decision.

From James : faith without deeds is dead

1 john 4:
    11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Read the first 3 verses also

I believe a true follower of Christ would NEVER want anyone to go to Hell.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Can't say, it is His decision.

From James : faith without deeds is dead

1 john 4:
    11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

read the first 3 verses also

All very true Inthebox and thank you for sharing. I also LOVE the answer busg gave earlier:

Bushg
    I believe if there is a God and he walked on earth in form of a man that he would not accept or hug one over the other. He may hug one with a lighter heart and the other one with a heavier heart, but I believe his hugs would be the same for all.

And the parable from Historian Chick above which is in line with the verses you cited as well as those from Skygem.

As bushg said... She believes the hugs would be all the same... beautiful. And I also agree that we do not want each other to go to hell and hold on to each other to see that does not happen.

Feb 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Very true Sky - and once again thank you for all that you share!!
    And thank You too, Allheart, for what you share with so many others! I tend to speak more with great feeling in my heart and Scripture at hand to make the point that it should never be forgotten, and you speak heartfelt words of Love also and that is a wonderful thing!

Because I have often said that what I do here and the words I use are spiritual in nature and many times come from God, I have also acknowledged the obvious that each and every person was created by God. This must thus be a time of great healing if we are to touch one another's lives in a very special way. I thus, reach out with that love in my heart and embrace those who have differed with me in this forum, for they too have come here to learn as well as to teach. We grow spiritually by listening to one another and as a consequence of that action we become closer to one another despite the presumed differences and distance. I want for everyone reading this right now to know that I Love You deeply. For each time that we communicate, we grow further spiritually together. That is what this is all about.

And Allheart, your kind heart will be felt by many. You use a different way to reach people and I am sure they can sense your love which radiates with great spiritual vibration. I hope that people can reach across the aisle towards one another and consider that without Love we could not exist for very long. That is why we must all work together in harmony to produce the greatest spiritual vibration that we can that will translate into a loving brotherhood and sisterhood such as has never been seen or witnessed before. To that end, we must work to assure that all live in Peace, Love and Tranquility, very special gifts from our Loving Father, given to us so that we may continue our journey here on Earth and produce more facets of the great diamond called Eternal Love. May each of you radiate a very special color that will brighten hearts, restore faith, make people more secure, and may we all reach towards Heaven with our human hands outstretched to the Source, God, who has made our very life possible and who gives us more Love than we rightfully deserve, in all the different ways each and every day. May yesterday's tears become the seeds for the rainbows of today as well as tomorrow and may each heart sing with joy and happiness that we are living today and experiencing together a life so worth living because we are all part of the great One God who has created us and is the lucidly clear prism of our lives from which the great colors radiate from His essence to our heart as we experience, speak, and learn together. May God Bless all of you. And please don't hold it against me for sending blessings to you, as God, from a heart so full of Love and Compassion would bless you too, His children who do not presently Believe.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
    And thank You too, Allheart, for what you share with so many others! I tend to speak more with great feeling in my heart and Scripture at hand to make the point that it should never be forgotten, and you speak heartfelt words of Love also and that is a wonderful thing!

Because I have often said that what I do here and the words I use are spiritual in nature and many times come from God, I have also acknowledged the obvious that each and every person was created by God. This must thus be a time of great healing if we are to touch one another's lives in a very special way. I thus, reach out with that love in my heart and embrace those who have differed with me in this forum, for they too have come here to learn as well as to teach. We grow spiritually by listening to one another and as a consequence of that action we become closer to one another despite the presumed differences and distance. I want for everyone reading this right now to know that I Love You deeply. For each time that we communicate, we grow further spiritually together. That is what this is all about.

And Allheart, your kind heart will be felt by many. You use a different way to reach people and I am sure they can sense your love which radiates with great spiritual vibration. I hope that people can reach across the aisle towards one another and consider that without Love we could not exist for very long. That is why we must all work together in harmony to produce the greatest spiritual vibration that we can that will translate into a loving brotherhood and sisterhood such as has never been seen or witnessed before. To that end, we must work to assure that all live in Peace, Love and Tranquility, very special gifts from our Loving Father, given to us so that we may continue our journey here on Earth and produce more facets of the great diamond called Eternal Love. May each of you radiate a very special color that will brighten hearts, restore faith, make people more secure, and may we all reach towards Heaven with our human hands outstretched to the Source, God, who has made our very life possible and who gives us more Love than we rightfully deserve, in all the different ways each and every day. May yesterday's tears become the seeds for the rainbows of today as well as tomorrow and may each heart sing with joy and happiness that we are living today and experiencing together a life so worth living because we are all part of the great One God who has created us and is the lucidly clear prism of our lives from which the great colors radiate from His essence to our heart as we experience, speak, and learn together. May God Bless all of you. And please don't hold it against me for sending blessings to you, as God, from a heart so full of Love and Compassion would bless you too, His children who do not presently Believe.

I love you to Skygem and may your heart always be happy and may you always feel loved. May God continue to watch over you.

Bless you Sky. I thank you for your kind words and hope to live up to them. I feel at present I don't, but I do hope to.

Thanks Sky - and God bless you today and always.

Allheart

(Stick around please... you are needed)

Feb 18, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox

Absolutely not! That is why we must help guide those who may need a tug to get them to see that we are all part of God's creation and when one goes to such a sorrowful, God-abandoned place, it is indeed a very sad occasion for the rest of us. We do not want that to happen to anyone and that is why God gave all of us a choice to make in order to be able to offer us Salvation when we cross over. May all see the Light in the words offered here and may it shine on every foot that walks the path that leads to the forked road. May your ultimate path, to the right, lead you towards Heaven with all its glory!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 03:21 PM
    OG and AH - wow... you guys are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words. A flame-retardant foam thrower... I've never been called that, but you know what?? I really like it! Thank you, OG.

And AH, I'm just as humbled to be yoked with you - you're simply all heart. And I love you for it!

Feb 19, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Sky,

Hi, I just noticed sometimes I called you Scott. That's because we have a ScottGem here and I get confused. Sorry.
    No problem, Allheart! I was actually starting to like that name!
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 05:54 PM
    No problem, Allheart! I was actually starting to like that name!

LOL - And just where have you been young man :D You are tardy!!

Sending smiles your way :)

Feb 19, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Hi Sky -

Hi, Allheart!

Once again you took such great time and I will do likewise to read all your shared.
    I'm starting to feel bad with the amount of time and all that you are sharing, I just hope you don't get frustrated with me. I know you say you won't but let me know if you do.

You know I won't, Allheart, because I know that all that we two share also gets read by many others and they obviously very much enjoy reading what we have to say or they would not keep coming back so often for MORE! So, it is worth every ounce of time we put into it!

I will read in greater detail. One thing did stand out, Sky, there is no guarantee that I am going to heaven just becuase I love and accept Jesus as my savior. I say that because in a span of 24 hours, I sin. No matter how small I still sin.

Actually, Allheart, There IS every guarantee! That is the beautiful part of it. Are you surprised?! Once you give your life to Jesus Christ, unless you suddenly become a satanist or something like that (God forbid!), your soul is absolutely GUARANTEED to go to Heaven! That is God's Promise to Us! Isn't it wonderful! You believe that because you sin even after giving your life to Jesus that you would be precluded from going to Heaven. But who, I ask, but Jesus would be without sin in this world. Everyone sins at one point or other but if they are Born Again, you will be going to Heaven! So those who would want to talk you out of Salvation, forget them because God says so! You see, God sent His Only Begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross for us, therefore, taking punishment for us, by His crucifixion we are Saved when we repent of our sins and give our life to Him. It's that simple!

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed (Saved)." -- ISAIAH 53:5 (KJV)

Listen to this, Allheart, because this is ALL you have to do to guarantee your Salvation:

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt Believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation."
    -- ROMANS 10:9-10 (KJV)

And further, this is God's Iron-Clad guarantee (and who could know better) that YOU will have Eternal Life in Heaven if you give your life now to and follow His Only Begotten Son Jesus. ---

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -- ROMANS 8: 38-39 (KJV)

God goes on to say in 1 JOHN 5:13 (KJV):

"These things have I written unto you that Believe in the Name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have Eternal Life, and that ye may Believe on the Name of the Son of God." -- 1 JOHN 5:13 (KJV)

So, there you have it -- Salvation and Eternal Life! Both PROMISES from God Himself when all you have to do is give your life to Jesus and follow Him!

I do thank you and will be sure to read.

Please Do!

I hope you know I was not bragging about knowing God at an early age - because I wasn't.
    I can remember sitting on the edge of my bed, and my feet didn't even touch the ground (which was a long time ago as I am a very tall girl) and prayed to God, and asking him to get me through something bad that I knew was going to happen. How good he was and is to me.

How WONDERFUL, Allheart! God Loves You and He Loves Everyone Else too, but is closer to those who accept His Son Jesus!

Anyway - I am grateful for the very early exposure and it made it so easy for me, so I guess I wonder why not for everyone.

I wonder Too! When it is all so Easy to GUARANTEE your Salvation!

I do love my little avaiter there. How cute. I found it when googling. Isn't it precious :)

Thank you again.
    Thank YOU, Allheart, for allowing me to share how you can be SAVED through Jesus Christ. It always excites me to know that many others will be reading this and may decide they too want to become SAVED! Blessed Be The Lord Forever!

Feb 19, 2008, 07:30 PM
    LOL - And just where have you been young man :D You are tardy!!!!

Sending smiles your way :)
    Ha. Ha! Now you have me going too (a rare moment)! I have been working for the Lord, of course, during the day. And yes, I am tardy, sorry, but I know you'll understand!

I am sending smiles your way also!

Glad you are here, Allheart!

Feb 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Hi again Sky -

Good afternoon, Allheart!

Sky, you know what else I wonder. How do I get rewarded to go to heaven and have not suffered nowhere near as much the little child who starves every day ( I am sure you seen the commericals of the children all over the world). Now it is my beleif, that those children when they pass go right into our Lord's arms. How is it I get to go too? Especially when I know there is suffering and do what amounts to nothing to have it removed and further more, have more clothes then I need, eat more food then I need to survive, so on and so on and so on. I think I would have a bit of atoning to do, don't you think so?

You get rewarded to go to heaven, Allheart, by becoming Born Again as that is the ONLY way one can get to Heaven, through Jesus Christ!

As for suffering, suffering is caused by mankind upon itself. God does not send suffering to anyone, rather, man creates his own suffering based upon his negative ideals, ideas, greed, envy, mistrust, unloving nature and the lack of God in their life. When man thinks boastful and exhibits pride and lives that way, he becomes entangled in that web. God stands by the sidelines watching man's actions (as they have free will to do what they wish - but with consequences!) and while He is a God of great compassion and mercy, He will not allow man's sinful nature to go unpunished, therefore, He will allow suffering to take place so that mankind will learn its lessons and become closer to Him.

The children who starve everyday, God Loves very much. However, one must realize that it is their parents who cause their children to suffer as they do. And if they do not have jobs or food to give them, who do you think is at fault? The parents. When they bring children into the world, they must be prepared to Provide (with a capital "P") for them, not just take pleasure in the act of what transpires before one brings them into the world and then forget about the new little life. And yet, in the poorest of countries women are still getting pregnant with a family they KNOW cannot provide adequately for those children. That is a real tragedy because it is the little ones who end up suffering innocently for the sins of their parents.

Yet in many Catholic countries the Pope actually encourages people to have children and even more of them, can you believe that! It is wonderful to have children but only if you can provide for them adequately by feeding them, clothing them, giving them a good roof over their heads and giving them a good education! If you can't, then take a step back to reasses tbe situation of whether your heart will allow you to Starve your child after it is born and whether you can live with that or not. As for the Pope, it would be great if all those parents from all over the world whom he so encourages to have children, would go to the Vatican and drop off all their starving kids right in front of his Palace doors and have HIM take care of them as he is a man of GREAT means and should have enough compassion to care for them when their parents can't! So, while having children for those who can afford them is great, I cannot agree with the Pope on everyone having children regardless of financial status. And yes, I too have seen the commercials of the starving children that you speak about and it literally breaks my heart every time I see it. It is just so sad and I wish I could embrace each and every one of them and feed them and give them all the necessities in life yet I can't, but the Pope surely could with his immense wealth, but is his heart into it!

And Yes, those poor children go straight into God's arms and His Loving heart when they pass from this world! Of that, there can be no question! For they are too young and disadvantaged and God takes great compassion in the least of those little ones, unequivocally! And yes, you too get to go to Heaven when you give your life to Christ as Scripture tells us. But it would be very difficult for you, as a single person, or even if married, to try to cure the ills of the world as billionaires can do. God understands that, Allheart. He also understands your great loving heart and your desire that you wish you could do more. That is enough for Him as the desire in your heart is as great as the action you could take if you were in a position to afford it. God does not fault you for having enough to eat, wear, etc. for you have personally earned it and He wishes that we would prosper and grow without need. But for those who were "born into poverty" it is an example that they, themselves, make unto themselves and to others when they have children whom they cannot feed, etc. God does not hold you or anyone else responsible for them. He would like for us to certainly help these people as we are able and that is why some even sponsor children, donate their services to organizations that help feed and clothe children, etc. but if destitute people were to be given a blank check every time they have a child, then when would they ever learn the difference! So, God sees your own merits and acts upon that and coupled with becoming Saved, can get you into Heaven! In the meantime, God does hear and answers prayers! So, pray for the less fortunate and that will help them so much in the eyes of God!

Hope I am not carrying this over the top.

Thanks again.
    And you are certainly not carrying this "over the top". But you know me well by now, to know that I answer with very lengthy responses that I feel it is I who sometimes goes over the top with my long replies. But that is what God leads me to share with you and others many times! Thank you, for this great discussion and food for thought!
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 05:12 AM
    WoW - more wonderful stuff for me to read.

Thanks Sky!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

No god, and who is god [ 93 Answers ]

If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?

Notice of Intend to Defend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been reading all of the information regarding credit card companies suing. I too am being sued by Capitol One. My orginial debt was for $800. Which was charged off at $1300. Now they are suing me for $2400.. I submitted a notice with the courts and mailed a copy to the attorneys...

View more questions Search