Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    What more can I add to the irrefutable Word of God when that Scripture says it all like it is!
    Yes, Scott I understand what you are saying. When, I read a bible passage such as that, God is speaking to you as an individual and me as an individual and all of us as individuals. Like a teacher standing in front of the class.

It is my belief that we are not to condemn one another - for in doing that you step into God's shoes and that I believe is wrong.

Please, read each of these bible versus. You must embrace and hold these true as well?
    To me, it is our calling to love one another with God's love in our hearts, and in doing that, we may bring others to know His love. Any type of punishment is addressed to us as individuals and not to place on one another. Hope I am saying that right.

Please Sky - read these. Even though I am sure you know them read them again and again. I will do the same.

God commands us to love.
    Here are some key Scriptures (Bible verses) on loving your enemies:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14).

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it (1 Corinthians 4:12).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).
    Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble (1 John 2:9-10).

Our highest calling is to spread the Gospel and help others grow in Christ.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 16, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Yes, Scott I understand what you are saying. When, I read a bible passage such as that, God is speaking to you as an individual and me as an individual and all of us as individuals. Like a teacher standing in front of the class.

In other words, just like in a classroom, some get it, what Scripture is actually telling us as in 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-18 (KJV), but some don't. I do clearly understand that.

It is my beleif that we are not to condemn one another - for in doing that you step into God's shoes and that I believe is wrong.

Agreed! That is clearly in God's domain. It is therefore, God's Words that I have used and continue to use to relay that thought to hopefully instill in people in order to teach others the difference between what God expects of un-Believers and what man expects.

"He that believeth on Him (Jesus Christ) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." -- JOHN 3:18 (KJV)

So, clearly infidels - un-Believers and others who do not embrace Jesus Christ are clearly already CONDEMNED by God. There is no middle way or ground here, no, not even by hoping to Love One Another is that going to Save people who do not Love and Accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. We can certainly continue to Love them (as I do) in the hopes that they will care enough about themselves and their eternal soul such as to want to Change and become Saved, but that is all we can do. The rest is up to them.

Please, read each of these bible versus. You must embrace and hold these true as well?
    To me, it is our calling to love one another with God's love in our hearts, and in doing that, we may bring others to know His love. Any type of punishment is addressed to us as individuals and not to place on one another. Hope I am saying that right.

I understand what you are trying to say here. Love IS the key! But if a parent truly loves their child and sees that their child or children are going in the wrong direction, in that love the parent has for them, it is clearly their obligation to guide them and steer them the right way so that they can avoid the pitfalls many make who are uninformed about how things work in the long run (in this case, by not being Saved).

Please Sky - read these. Even though I am sure you know them read them again and again. I will do the same.

I have read them, believe me, and know them by heart. But if I did not have a loving heart, Allheart, why would I spend most of my time coming to these forums and having discourse with people who do not Believe? After all, I have plenty of other things to do that I could be doing. The answer is that I LOVE people and want only the very best for each and every individual. I want for their soul and spirit to be Saved when they pass on. I want for them to know the happiness that I know in being Saved as a Born Again Christian. It hurts no one except those who are so deeply entrenched in their way of thinking that they could not see the Light if it was shining directly and very brightly in their eyes. Sadly, there are those who will not see the Light ever. Again, that is their choice. But should I stop my mission from teaching those who will listen? Never. Those who clearly show they will not listen, I do not have discourse with repeatedly just as Jesus spoke and ate with sinners once but if they did not heed His words enough to want to change, He left them to their evil ways. So do I in following His fine and wonderful example. That is why I see who is amenable and I continue to speak to them. Those who are not amenable to the word of God, I cease direct communication as they have made their free will choice in the matter. I am greatly saddened when I run across them, but it is their choice.

God commands us to love.
    Here are some key Scriptures (Bible verses) on loving your enemies:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

Exactly Right! Therefore, I am asking each and every Believer in this forum to PRAY for those who mistreat us, for those who hate us, for those who curse us in teaching them about Jesus Christ and Salvation! They do need our prayers and though they feel they don't and may jump to the occassion to say it many times, prayers hurt no one but can only help those who need it the most. Thank you for citing these important Scriptures that should remind all of us to PRAY MORE in Love and concern for infidels.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14).

I do BLESS the lost that they may find their way! May they fully feel the tremendous Power of Jesus Christ speaking to them in their heart very soon!

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it (1 Corinthians 4:12).

We do endure it, who could know better than I, that is why I am still here. It is a life-long mission to try to Save the un-Saved and no one should coward out of that mission for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our un-Believing brothers and sisters need us now and we must be there to show them the way. By the way, those who have become "petrified" in their non-belief in God and Salvation is one thing, but there are many others who come to visit these forums who do not ever post anything but they read everything, it is they whom I am also trying to reach with God's word! May Almighty God help me to achieve that goal!

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).
    Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Yes! This is a wonderful reminder that we should certainly continue our mission to help the lost! Thank you for this. And as the ending words so clearly state " .... to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." I understand that only too well and embrace that. God knows I come to help others hear His word and He will move unto them in His own time. For He knows who will follow Him unto Heaven and who will not. I wish and pray that ALL who come here will follow God to Heaven one day. It will sadden me greatly to learn that many will reject Christ and therefore, not assure their Salvation. It may be hard for you to understand, but it does hurt me plenty when I encounter those brothers and sisters who choose not to Believe.

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble (1 John 2:9-10).

Let us ALL, therefore, in the Light of God, Love our brothers (and sisters) enough to continue teaching them lovingly the Word of God so that one day, they may surprise us by coming to this very forum and revealing that they have now fully become Christians and Born Again and have finally seen that Light in their heart! I pray this is so and I will continue with my loving prayers for them.

Our highest calling is to spread the Gospel and help others grow in Christ.
    You are so right, Allheart, with your ending message! That IS , unequivocally, our highest calling. Thank you for this fruitful discussion. May all who have not been called to bring God's word to the God-less, hear that and join us in our effort to help others grow in Christ! Amen and Amen!

"He that believeth on Him (Jesus Christ) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." -- JOHN 3:18 (KJV)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 11:48 AM
    You are so right, Allheart, with your ending message! That IS , unequivocally, our highest calling. Thank you for this fruitful discussion. May all who have not been called to bring God's word to the God-less, hear that and join us in our effort to help others grow in Christ! Amen and Amen!
    I and others will hope that you will leave that cult and god that you are involved with and join us in reality. You can do it!
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:06 PM

Hi Scott -

Thank you for all that you wrote. I have not read all of it yet but I will. The part that caught my eye was "Allheart you were right :D (that rarely happens).

But I must tell you, That was not my words... about the hightest calling... I left that on the website, so I didn't want to give the appearance that they were my words.

If they were my thoughts... I probably would say...

Our Highest calling is to know God, love God, share God with others and love one another.

I am so sorry to everyone - I wouldn't want to take credit for someone else's words.
    And you know the scriptures weren't mine either right :).

I'll take the time to read all that you wrote.

Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 11:18 PM

Hi again Sky -

I did read all that you wrote and first I do want to say, I do not question the love you have for others, just trying to sort through it all.

I do agree with all that you are saying - with one slight exception and that is turning away from those who do not believe in God or accept them.

I think there is a difference between someone who has not accepted God in their heart yet, and so continues to respectfully question, even dispute - basically have a respectful disucssion and those who have attack in their heart and wish harm, even just with words.

Yes, the later I pray for and shut myself off from, but if they ever came back around with a kind heart, then of course we would open ours to them as well.

I think those who differ from us, but wish us no harm and are kind should never be turned away. Don't you agree. I feel who am I to turn away from anyone.

Keep spreading God's love and thank you for your time.

Allheart

Feb 17, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Hi again Sky -

Warm greetings, Allheart.

I did read all that you wrote and first I do want to say, I do not question the love you have for others, just trying to sort through it all.

I do agree with all that you are saying - with one slight exception and that is turning away from those who do not beleive in God or accept them.

Yet, Scripture is very clear about that as previously mentioned. However, each person has their own mind to act along with their free will choice.

I think there is a difference between someone who has not accepted God in their heart yet, and so continues to respectfully question, even dispute - basically have a respectful disucssion and those who have attack in their heart and wish harm, even just with words.

The key word is "respectfully question", however, I do not see that happening here. For instance, I have never read a post from an anti-Christian that would indicate that they want to learn more about Jesus and then question how that can be done. What I do see is the postings from anti-Christians who go on the attack when Christians try to show them the word of God. Yet, we just have to ask ourselves, what are they doing here then if they are not trying to learn about God's word and prefer to attack us for our trying to help them understand how to become Saved! It is sad that they have to enter into a Christianity forum with ulterior motives and spew forth their hate for God and those who believe in God. We, however, turn the other cheek and just continue to show them the way towards Heaven, with love, as I have said before.

Yes, the later I pray for and shut myself off from, but if they ever came back around with a kind heart, then of course we would open ours to them as well.

But remember that there is more to having just a kind heart. It is having the kind of heart that accepts Jesus as their Savior instead of crucifying Him all over again as many do.

I think those who differ from us, but wish us no harm and are kind should never be turned away. Don't you agree. I feel who am I to turn away from anyone.

The very fact that anti-Christians come to this forum to attack Christianity, makes me also strongly think, on the other hand, that they also come to want to learn more about Jesus to be SAVED one day, otherwise, why keep coming back, right! I'm sure you've heard of people who attack others who are different because deep down they may have the same feelings but just can't come out and express them and it is so frustrating to them they go on the attack instead. Therefore, the more we discuss, the more they LEARN and the more they learn about Jesus, the more their hearts will Open Up enough to Accept Him as their Lord and Savior one day. I may be proved wrong with some, but I would at least want to give them the benefit of the doubt and the chance to Save themselves.

I would just like to know why infidels and others like them are so Afraid of Jesus? I mean, since well over a Billion people are Christians around the world today and believe in being Saved, and being Saved simply means saying a few words accepting Jesus as having died and then resurrected and that He is the Only Begotten Son of God who came to Save us, it is most difficult for me to understand why they would not do that and therefore relieve their mind from knowing they will one day die un-Saved. They would be SAVED after accepting Jesus. That is all there is to it according to Scripture. Therefore, why hesitate! If I was not a Believer and someone told me by saying just these few words you will become a Born Again Christian and don't have to worry about being damned for eternity when you pass on (which could come at any time for literally anyone), that would sound like music to my ears! I would unequivocally do that just to ensure my soul and spirit would truly rest in peace instead of my remaining stubborn because who else would truly care what happens to my soul when I'm gone except Jesus Christ! And the best part is that there's no cost attached to it other than not going to Heaven and remaining un-Saved if I didn't say the words that could Save me.

Keep spreading God's love and thank you for your time.

Allheart
    Allheart, you know me pretty well by now, you know I Will continue spreading God's Love and His Word! I know there are plenty of anti-Christians and non-Christians who want to learn more about Jesus and about being Saved who visit here, so may God's words, through His messengers, reach them and open their ears and eyes to see that which leads to Heaven for all eternity. And if I have to take my lumps for Jesus then I will PROUDLY take them if it means that even one soul can be Saved!
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Hi Sky,

If I may ask, how long ago did you learn about God and what was it that you learned? The very first ideals about God and having him in your life.

For me, it was probably as soon as I was born and my ears popped open. Follwing my faith and being a good Catholic ( and a good girl ) was my Mom's number 1 priority and it was her Mom's #1 priority. I am indebted to both my Mom and Grandma for the gift of faith. How fortuante I was. It was an understood part of my upbringing, just like learning to walk and talk, just was a part of me.

Some grow up the same way, and some don't. One I first learned about God, it was how he loved me and I guess I was fortuante that the lessons didn't rush to damnation.

So for those who may just be learning, or already know, but for some reason have turned away, I would think it would be a harsh thrust to their chest to only hear, unless you accept Jesus Christ, you are going to hell. I had the benefit of loving Our Lord.

You say you don't understand, because it is so easy. Yes, it is for you. You know Our Loving Lord, but there are those who don't and have a blind spot to it all.

It would be like someone coming up to you, and asking you to trust and believe a perfect stranger whom you never have met before and trust no other.

Does that make any sense. I am not defending by no means. I am just explaining why it would be difficult for some.

I feel so blessed to have been taught at such a young age and the lessons never stopped and still don't. I shutter to think if Mom didn't give me that gift of faith. I'd have to feel my way around as an adult and we all know, it so much easier learning when we are younger.

Does any of this make sense?

Thank you.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:04 AM
    How can you spot a Godless person anyhow? Are they like Jim Jones... or David Koresh. Or do they like, bite off chicken heads? How do you know for sure? Or maybe you can't spot them cause they do all their evil deeds in the dark under cover? I don't know. Just wondering.
    Now if I were to just take a wild guess, I would say this nasty looking critter was one of them: Listen closely to what he has to say!
    YouTube - John Hagee Jesus NOT Messiah(audio|video perfect)

Feb 18, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Hi Sky,

Warm greetings, Allheart.

If I may ask, how long ago did you learn about God and what was it that you learned? The very first ideals about God and having him in your life.

Like you, it was as a baby that I can recall seeing Christian pictures on the walls of the house which I later recognized as being Jesus and His Holy Family and I was even younger than the little boy in the picture to the left of your posting who is praying. Indeed, even as a baby, I was taken to church by my mother. I recall the church music and choir which I liked to hear as it was very soothing and beautiful. No harsh tones but only loving, angelic music. I have incredible recollection, by the way, of when I was a baby. Some people seem to not remember those times but I do and can even recall drinking my baby formula and seeing my relatives come over to visit.

When I got a little older, I learned that God was the most important person in my life. That without Him, I would not be able to go to Heaven when I passed on. I learned that He came to this world to Save us through His great sacrifice of being nailed to the cross and that He died, but then Resurrected after the third day and appeared to His apostles and others and stayed with them for forty days and nights before ascending into Heaven. I also learned of the many miracles He did which no other person has ever been able to do. Things like feeding the thousands with just a few loaves of bread and a few fish; walking on the waters; healing the sick; driving out demons; and even raising the dead. These are just a few of the things that any other prophet or idol cannot do and has never done or could do. It is the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ who can do these things and so much more! I knew then that I wanted Him in my life forever! Especially, after learning that I would be Saved by merely accepting Him as my Lord and Savior. That is indeed a very small price to pay (as far as time is concerned and physical capacity which it takes none) but the rewards in doing that are awesome and guarantee my Salvation which is what makes it all so worth while!

For me, it was probably as soon as I was born and my ears popped open. Follwing my faith and being a good Catholic ( and a good girl ) was my Mom's number 1 priority and it was her Mom's #1 priority. I am indebted to both my Mom and Grandma for the gift of faith. How fortuante I was. It was an understood part of my upbringing, just like learning to walk and talk, just was a part of me.

I am very happy to learn that they helped to instill the most wonderful and prized possession of all, Faith in God!

Some grow up the same way, and some don't. One I first learned about God, it was how he loved me and I guess I was fortuante that the lessons didn't rush to damnation.

Indeed, when one is with God and has accepted Him, they do not have to worry about damnation. It is when one does not know God or has no interest in knowing God and His word that Christian Believers try to help them by letting them know, early on, the consequences of not Believing. This is due to our Love for each and every person whom God has made because He desires that ALL be Saved-- and yes, He made the infidels and un-Believers and anti-Christians too whether they want to believe that or not! He is their Heavenly Father who wants them to return to Him professing their acceptance of Him as their true Father.

So for those who may just be learning, or already know, but for some reason have turned away, I would think it would be a harsh thrust to their chest to only hear, unless you accept Jesus Christ, you are going to hell. I had the benefit of loving Our Lord.

But please understand that telling them anything else by side-stepping this most important issue is literally worthless to their soul as nothing can help Save them except Jesus Christ in their life. This revelation should not come as such a tremendous shock to them, it should make them feel very happy that they will not need to suffer once they die if they accept Him into their life. So many passages alert us to the fact that we should Believe in Him. They do not force it upon us because we all have free will, but the words do guide us, like a kind shepherd, to walk with God as He is so good, and our Loving Father in Heaven who cares and Loves us and is quick to forgive us of sin if we come to Him with contrite heart and ask for forgiveness. Accepting Jesus should not be a hard thing for those who already feel Him in their heart without even knowing Him. They just know that is the right thing to do. For others, unfortunately, it may take longer to accept Him and still others never may. Those latter two are the ones who may need to learn more about Him in order to make the choice between having eternal Spiritual LIFE and being spiritually dead without God's Light and His eternal Love to rescue them.

You say you don't understand, because it is so easy. Yes, it is for you. You know Our Loving Lord, but there are those who don't and have a blind spot to it all.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. But they can be led to See the Light, thereby, being blind no more! In this country, especially, literally everyone has heard about Jesus Christ. Therefore, while they may not know enough about Him, they know of Him and what He stands for. That is a good start. The rest can be taught to them.

It would be like someone coming up to you, and asking you to trust and believe a perfect stranger whom you never have met before and trust no other.

Does that make any sense. I am not defending by no means. I am just explaining why it would be difficult for some.

Yes, I understand what you are trying to say. It is because people are not perfect that many have difficulties making the Right Decision in their life. The difference between believing a perfect stranger whom I have never met before and trusting no other, and Believing in Jesus is vast. A stranger is a mere human who could perhaps help me in some way if I needed help at the time. Therefore, he or she could become a friend during my time of need. But Jesus is a most powerful friend and He can do so much more than just help one in some way because He is our Heavenly Father. He can literally SAVE your soul and spirit so that you do not have to worry about suffering eternally when you pass on (just consider the ramifications of not Believing). And for those who don't believe they will suffer without accepting God, what if they were to find out differently when they die? What then? By then it is too late and God would not want to infringe on that person's free will choice to have not accepted Him in life, thus, they may well end up in the appropriate place completely devoid of God and His mercy, Love and Salvation. But then, that is what non-Believers surely prefer isn't it? Of course they do! They don't want God's Love or His Light, otherwise, they would make haste to become Believers since it costs nothing to Believe, thereby guaranteeing Salvation to their soul.

God can grant me things I pray for no matter how difficult they may be (and He has!), He can give me great Inspiration, Happiness, Joy, Freedom, Love, Confidence, Compassion, Peace, Hope, Healing, Lead me to the right path, and most important of all Save Me, and give me so many other virtues that a mere mortal could not. He has literally created miracles in my life I am most happy to say! That is why I could not completely believe in mortal men when I have God through Jesus Christ in my life. Man, if honorable, could help me in certain ways for a short while, but God will ALWAYS be there for me as close as my prayers! And He can give me so much MORE such as Salvation, the one thing that counts for so much in my life and especially in my Spiritual Life when I leave this world! Do you understand the importance of God in a person's life now?

I feel so blessed to have been taught at such a young age and the lessons never stopped and still don't. I shutter to think if Mom didn't give me that gift of faith. I'd have to feel my way around as an adult and we all know, it so much easier learning when we are younger.

Does any of this make sense?

Thank you.

Yes, it does. It is indeed a blessing to have parents who teach us the Golden Rule and then care enough about us to follow-through and see that we are not led astray and end up on the wayward path without God in our life. Blessed are those who have such parents! May God bless them always and forever. For those who do not, and have never been taught about God, I and others are here to speak to you about God and how you need Him in your life. Once you have Jesus as your Savior, you have it ALL! What greater gift than in knowing that you will go to Heaven when you pass on and will see others and be reunited with them, people whom you loved in this life, but most importantly, that you will see your Creator who loves you and will be there at your special time of transition waiting for you with open arms and a Big Smile on His face as He welcomes you back Home! That is what makes me personally feel so special in having that kind of relationship with Jesus Christ, but the beautiful part about this is that literally anyone can have that too who asks to have Him in their life!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 11:40 AM
    It is indeed a blessing to have parents who teach us the Golden Rule
    Pssst... the Golden Rule is not a christian concept, I learned it too.

Versions of the Golden Rule in 21 world religions
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Hi Sky -

Once again you took such great time and I will do likewise to read all your shared.
    I'm starting to feel bad with the amount of time and all that you are sharing, I just hope you don't get frustrated with me. I know you say you won't but let me know if you do.

I will read in greater detail. One thing did stand out, Sky, there is no guarantee that I am going to heaven just because I love and accept Jesus as my savior. I say that because in a span of 24 hours, I sin. No matter how small I still sin.

I do thank you and will be sure to read.

I hope you know I was not bragging about knowing God at an early age - because I wasn't.
    I can remember sitting on the edge of my bed, and my feet didn't even touch the ground (which was a long time ago as I am a very tall girl) and prayed to God, and asking him to get me through something bad that I knew was going to happen. How good he was and is to me.

Anyway - I am grateful for the very early exposure and it made it so easy for me, so I guess I wonder why not for everyone.

I do love my little avaiter there. How cute. I found it when googling. Isn't it precious :)

Thank you again.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Hi again Sky -

I did read through it all and do understand what you are saying.
    Only thing that I still wrestle with is turning away from our brothers and sisters who do not believe in God. (Doesn't that sound better then infidels - something about that word seems very harsh).

I do understand about not sugar coating the danger of not accepting Our Lord prior to dying.

Sky, you know what else I wonder. How do I get rewarded to go to heaven and have not suffered nowhere near as much the little child who starves every day ( I am sure you seen the commericals of the children all over the world). Now it is my belief, that those children when they pass go right into our Lord's arms. How is it I get to go too? Especially when I know there is suffering and do what amounts to nothing to have it removed and further more, have more clothes then I need, eat more food then I need to survive, so on and so on and so on. I think I would have a bit of atoning to do, don't you think so?

Hope I am not carrying this over the top.

Thanks again.

Feb 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    How can you spot a Godless person anyhow? Are they like Jim Jones...or David Koresh. Or do they like, bite off chicken heads? How do you know for sure? Or maybe you can't spot them cause they do all their evil deeds in the dark under cover? I don't know. Just wondering.
    Now if I were to just take a wild guess, I would say this nasty looking critter was one of them: Listen closely to what he has to say!
    YouTube - John Hagee Jesus NOT Messiah(audio|video perfect)
    It is sometimes difficult to spot a God-less person just by looking at them. However, by getting to know them, you can quickly spot them by the fruits that they bear.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? -- MATTHEW 7:16 (KJV)
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:44 PM
    It is sometimes difficult to spot a God-less person just by looking at them. However, by getting to know them, you can quickly spot them by the fruits that they bear.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? -- MATTHEW 7:16 (KJV)
    I actually believe and maybe I even see God in everyone, even those who do not believe in God.

I think it's a matter of how much that person allows Him to exsist within him. And then those who fight it... that's when all that inner turmoil begins and the harshness comes out, the anger the resentment.

I believe that God had or has a presence in everyone - no one is actually Godless - it's just a matter if they accept His prescence.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 01:40 PM
    In answer to the original question, I'd like to quote a story:

"There is a beautiful story told of how one Christian dreamed that she saw three others at prayers. As they knelt the Master drew near to them.

As He approached the first of the three, He bent over her in tenderness and grace, with a smile full of radiant love and spoke to her in accents of purest, sweetest music. Leaving her, He came to the next but only placed His hand upon her bowed head, and gave her one look of loving approval. The third woman He passed almost abruptly without stopping for a word or glance. The woman in her dream said to herself, "How greatly He must love that first one, to the second He gave His approval, but none of the special demonstrations of love He gave the first; and the third must have grieved Him deeply, for He gave her no word at all and not even a passing look."

"I wonder what she had done, and why He made so much difference between them?" As she tried to account for the action of her Lord, He Himself stood by her and said: "O woman! How wrongly has thou interpreted Me. The first kneeling woman needs all the weight of My tenderness and care to keep her feet in My narrow way. She needs My love, thought and help every moment of the day. Without it she would fail and fall. The second has stronger faith and deeper love, and I can trust her to trust Me however things may go and whatever people do.

"The third, whom I seemed not to notice, and even to neglect, has faith and love of the finest quality, and her I am training by quick drastic processes for the highest and holiest service. She knows Me so intimately, and trusts Me so utterly, that she is independent of words or looks or any outward intimation of My approval. She is not dismayed nor discouraged by any circumstance through which I arrange that she shall pass; she trusts Me when sense and reason and every finer instinct of the natural heart would rebel; -- because she knows that I am working in her for eternity, and that what I do, though she knows not the explanation now, she shall understand hereafter.

"I am silent in My love because I love beyond the power of words to express, or of human hearts to understand, and also for your sakes that you may learn to love and trust Me in Spirit-taught, spontaneous response to My love, without the spur of anything outward to call it forth."

:)

Basically, who are we to judge who needs more love than others? Or, who needs a hug more than their fellow? I know that the times when I desperately need a hug, no one knows.

So, lets not look on how people appear to be, but rather, truly invest in their lives in order to be what they need.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    In answer to the original question, I'd like to quote a story:

"There is a beautiful story told of how one Christian dreamed that she saw three others at prayers. As they knelt the Master drew near to them.

As He approached the first of the three, He bent over her in tenderness and grace, with a smile full of radiant love and spoke to her in accents of purest, sweetest music. Leaving her, He came to the next but only placed His hand upon her bowed head, and gave her one look of loving approval. The third woman He passed almost abruptly without stopping for a word or glance. The woman in her dream said to herself, "How greatly He must love that first one, to the second He gave His approval, but none of the special demonstrations of love He gave the first; and the third must have grieved Him deeply, for He gave her no word at all and not even a passing look."

"I wonder what she had done, and why He made so much difference between them?" As she tried to account for the action of her Lord, He Himself stood by her and said: "O woman! how wrongly has thou interpreted Me. The first kneeling woman needs all the weight of My tenderness and care to keep her feet in My narrow way. She needs My love, thought and help every moment of the day. Without it she would fail and fall. The second has stronger faith and deeper love, and I can trust her to trust Me however things may go and whatever people do.

"The third, whom I seemed not to notice, and even to neglect, has faith and love of the finest quality, and her I am training by quick drastic processes for the highest and holiest service. She knows Me so intimately, and trusts Me so utterly, that she is independent of words or looks or any outward intimation of My approval. She is not dismayed nor discouraged by any circumstance through which I arrange that she shall pass; she trusts Me when sense and reason and every finer instinct of the natural heart would rebel; -- because she knows that I am working in her for eternity, and that what I do, though she knows not the explanation now, she shall understand hereafter.

"I am silent in My love because I love beyond the power of words to express, or of human hearts to understand, and also for your sakes that you may learn to love and trust Me in Spirit-taught, spontaneous response to My love, without the spur of anything outward to call it forth."

:)

Basically, who are we to judge who needs more love than others?? Or, who needs a hug more than their fellow? I know that the times when I desperately need a hug, no one knows.

So, lets not look on how people appear to be, but rather, truly invest in their lives in order to be what they need.
    My God HC you brought me to tears. That is exactly what my heart thought and believed.

I love you and I love you for sharing this... I will just cherish it.

This IS what I believe. I could just she Jesus passing by and doing just as the story reads, that is the Jesus I know and love. See, that is love.

Thank you HC

Feb 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
    I actually beleive and maybe I even see God in everyone, even those who do not beleive in God.

I think it's a matter of how much that person allows Him to exsist within him. And then those who fight it...that's when all that inner turmoil begins and the harshness comes out, the anger the resentment.

I beleive that God had or has a presence in everyone - no one is actually Godless - it's just a matter if they accept His prescence.
    God created literally everyone. While it is good to try to see God in everyone, not everyone will want to see God in themself and it would be hard to see God in a heartless dictator, for example, who has chosen to be Godless. But those who do choose God, have more of God in their spirit. But there are those who choose to subtract God from their life and thus, become God-less by their own actions. They always have the free will to choose God instead but choose not to accept his presence therefore, God allows them that freedom of choice as per His law. Those who Believe in God are God-filled as opposed to God-less.

Indeed, those who fight it bring out their inner turmoil, as you say, and their harshness indeed surfaces and anger and resentment to the words of another who is trying to bring Christ into their life may manifest. When a person who was created by God does not accept their God, they are literally God-less at that point, until they accept Him, as they are showing God that they do not need Him nor want His Salvation. But it is God's intention that those whom He created be Saved by His only begotten Son Jesus. I pray that those people may reconsider their stance before it is too late as their soul is in great jeopardy.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Scott,

I do understand what you are saying. I don't try and see God in everyone I do see God in everyone. In some form -

The beautiful story that HC shared, is actually how I see God. He would never give up on us. His heart would be so heavy, but he would never give up.

So while we are together here on earth, we can never give up on each other... that is not our place. We need to be like Christ and hug those who hurt us, just a little bit more. I believe that with all my heart.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 01:57 PM
    My God HC you brought me to tears. That is exactly what my heart thought and beleived.

I love you and I love you for sharing this....I will just cherish it.

This IS what I beleive. I could just she Jesus passing by and doing just as the story reads, that is the Jesus I know and love. See, that is love.

Thank you HC
    You're welcome, dear Allheart. I'm glad that it touched your heart. Your sweet heart. :)

I firmly believe that Jesus is infinitely more wise and loving than we could ever begin to imagine.

When we "...walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us..." we begin to show His love to those that have need of it... and that is a divine reason to live.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Thanks HC.

Yes their goodness just comes from them. There is a dear churchgoing lady in work, she is just so good, but never speaks of loving God or going to Church, but her words and actions are so good, you can't help but know where they come from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

No god, and who is god [ 93 Answers ]

If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?

Notice of Intend to Defend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been reading all of the information regarding credit card companies suing. I too am being sued by Capitol One. My orginial debt was for $800. Which was charged off at $1300. Now they are suing me for $2400.. I submitted a notice with the courts and mailed a copy to the attorneys...

View more questions Search