Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gem and Tigs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Ive picked the runt
    Please help I've picked the runt of the litter of kittens and I've heard bad things did I do the wrong thing?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Runts need extra love and attention. Get her checked out by the vet to avoid distemper. Keep the little thing warm. I carried my little runt around in my sweater right next to my heart for the first few days. I think that actually gave her a jump start. There is no 'wrong thing' when loving animals, you did the right thing because your heart is in the right place. Good luck and keep me posted of her/his devopment.
    coolcalico Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
    My younger cat was a runt. It took some additional attention when she was a kitten, but she'll be turning 6 in a few months, and she's as healthy as can be. She's still small though. When people see her for the first time, they still assume she's a kitten and not a full grown cat. I love my little furball!
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 11:13 AM
    I've raised over 20 litters of kittens throughout my life and many times the runt turns out to be the grandest companion of the litter (based on feedback from those who adopted). Of course, this assumption precludes any physical ailment but all of mine were OK. I remember one kitten came out with her legs "twisted backwards." Sensing that deformity, mom wouldn't feed her, so we nursed her until about 5 weeks, when suddenly, her legs began to straighten out. At 7 weeks, while her brothers were tearing up the house, she was quietly playing with a ball of string but a 9 weeks old, she was teaching her brothers a thing or two about playing. Finally, she left us, and as we watched her head pop of the little wicker basket the young girl was carrying, we knew she had found a good home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting your bones picked cleaned [ 5 Answers ]

Anybody out there tired of getting there brains beat in by blackjack, you could be making costly mistakes or playing in second rate games and having your bones picked clean before you even finished your first beer. Maybe I could give you some sound advive in the do's and dont's about the...

Dog hates to be picked up [ 3 Answers ]

My dog hates to be picked up. He growls or runs away if you are behind him. I still want to pick him up but I don't want him not to like me/?

Getting picked on because of my type one diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

I am 17 years old... and I dropped out of school because people picked on me for having diabetes... I was diagnosed on April 9th 2004 and after kids were picking on me for a while... I stopped taking care of myself. I got to the point where I ended up in the I.C.U. for 4 days and was on the regular...

My disable child is getting picked on [ 7 Answers ]

My 15 year old is disable and gets a ssi check ,I live in a govt, low income housing , the manger is trying to evicte me just because they clam to be getting complants just only because someone was telling lies on my dauther on things that she did not do such as drowing dirty pictures or penis on...

View more questions Search