Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
    MAPI32.dll corrupt
    I wanted to install MS office 2007 and just when it started cancelled because I thought I might loose my e-mails. After that, when I open MS outlook 2003 I get "mapi32.dll corrupt.... please reinstall".

If I reinstall MS outlook 2003 will I loose my emails?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Try thisif you haven't already

)Quit Outlook.

2)Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.

3)Type Mapi32.dll in the Named box.

4)In Look In, click to select My Computer, and click Find Now.

5)Right-click to select Mapi32.dll in the search results list.

6)Click Rename, type Mapi32.old, and press ENTER to accept the name change. If there are multiple copies of Mapi32.dll in the list, rename each.

7)Close the Find Files window and start Outlook.
    When you start Outlook, it checks for the existence of necessary files.
    In the case of Mapi32.dll, if it is not present at startup, Mapistub.dll is used. If for any reason Mapistub.dll cannot be found, Setup automatically attempts to replace both files.

NOTE: When you start Outlook and receive a prompt that files are missing, click "Yes" to allow Windows Installer to replace them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I piggyback my corrupt harddisk? [ 3 Answers ]

My computer died and I get a disk read error message when I try to load it up, I have heard that it is possible to link it into a working PC and try to salvage data. How do I do this? Do I need specific cables?:confused

Corrupt files how to get them back. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please could someone tell me if it possible to get corrupt files back. I had a major mishap with my laptop. I made the mistake of formating my hard drive before I saved all my photos, spreadsheets and video clips to my flash pen. The reason I formatted the hard drive is because so many...

View more questions Search