Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brendajamie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 07:21 PM
    I want to know how to rewire the wall jack
    There is no dial tone, the phone is fine. I want to know how to re-wire the wall jack
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 04:38 AM
    You only need two wires, red and green. They go to the two inner connections of the RJ11 jack. Put red on the left and green on the right. If no dial tone, reverse them.

Hope this helps,
    Wally H.
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 4, 2008, 07:50 AM
    [q
    I Want To Know How To Rewire My One Phone Jack That Accidentally Got Pulled Out Of The Wall. I Don't Know About All The Colored Cables And Striped Cables. They All Don't Match Up To All The Colors On The Phone Plate Itself. Help Me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

How to rewire a phone jack? [ 2 Answers ]

When I moved into my house the original owers had comcast for the phone co, so we went with them. Later on we changed back to qwest for better service options and they came out and rewire one of our phone jacks and at the time we only had them to the one in the kitchen and now I need to get 3...

Rewire kitchen.. [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry forgot to ask in my earlier post. When I re-wire my, kitchen, (size about 10x10, Florida block house) this is what I have planned. Run my stove line. run 2: 12-2 homeruns for counter outlets. 12-2 for dishwasher 14-2 shared for fridge and garbage disposal. (can I do this?) 12-2...

Rewire phone jack for 2 lines [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how simple it was to rewire a phone jack for 2 lines. The phone co. charges $100 to do it. Can anyone help?

How to rewire a telephone jack [ 1 Answers ]

Have two lines but only one of them has ADSL. Computer is close to jack connected to line without ADSL. How can this jack be rewired for the line with ADSL? Thanks.

View more questions Search