Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    77casey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 04:53 PM
    "Who is this man?"
    Hi, and I am new to Ask Me.

I have an on going situation that occurs at the public library; and its been since June last yr.
    There is a man my age (40's) who watches me while I am using the computer or just reading the paper. He's nice looking and well groomed. At times, I feel like shark-bait, because of the circling around me; then when I look up at him, he becomes sheepish and lowers his eyes. I have grown to like him, but the avoidance baffles me. Any thoughts? The only this I know about him is his car and license plate. WI 794-CVL.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 04:59 PM
    You are asking a question that would require a motor vehicle registration check. Why go through all that? Simply go up to him and ask him something. Or go and talk to one of the librarians and state just what you have said here - that he watches you and it makes you rather uneasy.

If he is not going to say anything to you, is he worth knowing about?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 77casey
    Hi, and I am new to Ask Me.

I have an on going situation that occurs at the public library; and its been since june last yr.
    Their is a man my age (40's) who watches me while I am using the computer or just reading the paper. He's nice looking and well groomed. At times, I feel like shark-bait, because of the circling around me; then when I look up at him, he becomes sheepish and lowers his eyes. I have grown to like him, but the avoidance baffles me. Any thoughts? The only this I know about him is his car and license plate. .

Hi Casey,

Because he is nice looking and well groomed doesn't mean that you should not still be cautious. At least I would. That would kind of give me the creeps to be honest and being that it's since June. That seems more then enough time for him to at least make eye contact and say hello.

You've grown to like him? Casey, you don't know him. It's just the excitement with the unknown the mystery that make give you a little thrill, but you don't know him.

When I was single, I will admit I was overly cautious. But I thought it better to be safe.

You may want to take out his license plate in your post. For some reason I don't think it's a good idea to put in on the WWW. :). Told you I am overly careful.

I hope this works out for you and he could be very shy - but be careful in not letting his sheepish good looks lull you into a false sense of "knowing him".
    SeenItAll Posts: 5, Reputation: 5

Mar 1, 2008, 09:16 PM
    I would wonder if he is possibly a preditor. Go with your gut on this. If he makes you feel like shark bait, maybe he is a shark. If the guy were just friendly, or interested, wouldn't he have chatted you up by now, instead of lowering his eyes every time you look at him? He sounds odd to me, real odd. Could you go in there with a male friend or relative and see how he reacts? And it might be a good idea to take notice of whether he is following you around outside the library as well. God forbid, if he is some sort of rapist or worse, you don't want him scoping you out. If it turns out that he is following you or starts following you in the future, file a police report. You have his license plate number. They would take the report, even if they don't arrest him. And at least that way, its documented.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain Hosea 11:9 "I am God, and not a man" [ 11 Answers ]

I am just curious how Christians explain this one: Hosea 11:9 -- "I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim; for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee; and I will not come in fury." A fundamental belief of Christianity is that...

Anyone ever done it the "right way" with a married man/woman? [ 7 Answers ]

Recently, I became attracted to a man who was in turn attracted to me... albeit, quite unexpected on both our parts because neither of us was looking for another. I'm about 6 months out of a relationship (not married, was but that was over 5 yrs ago for me) and was really just looking for a...

Any other women out there get criticized for being "the man" in the relationship? [ 1 Answers ]

I posted before how my current BF thinks I'm not affectionate enough. The funny thing is, one of my friends brought up, when I was explaining everything to her, that it sounds like I am "the man" and he is "the woman". I don't agree with a 1950s stereotype of who does what, but I was wondering...

My girlfreind has many man "friends", am I being jealous or controlling? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone; I REALLY hope to get some responses to help me with this, and I respect all that reply... ty My girlfriend and I are very much in love, at least I hope we both are. I am a guy that is very family orientated, and care very much about my partners feelings, and happiness. My...

View more questions Search