Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Feb 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
    2008 Presidential Race
    Just wondering, I know the primaries aren't even over yet but if you had to vote for one of the current running Presidential candidates, who would it be and why?

Honestly, I have no clue who I am going to vote for because I really don't care for any of them. I'm just curious as to what other people think about the candidates.

:)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
    It is not to be about a popularity contest but it ends up that way in many cases. In looking at all of the candidates, I'd have to place my vote with John McCain. He is the most conservative and most likely to get the Republican nomination. He is the one I find myself agreeing with for the majority of the issues.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:35 AM
    I have little regard for the remaining Democrats . John McCain is the better option than Mike Huckabee ;and it appears he will get the nomination like it or not. I backed Fred Thompson and Rudy before they dropped out. I can take solace that Thompson is a confidant of McCain and some of the positions Fred took on limited government and pro-Federalism will look good in the Republican platform. Most of Rudy's very good advisiory team are now giving their effort to McCain .

I have a lot of issues with McCain but he is right on the biggest issue of our times and he will be a strong leader . That is enough for me for now .
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 20, 2008, 07:51 PM
    McCain; because Obama promises everyone "everything" and provides no methodolgy as to how were going to get that "everything." He also feeds on the common man's grandest dreams... sort of like those crooked politicians did in the movie "Meet John Doe" starring Jimmy Stewart. The only difference there was Stewart was the trickee and, in the current situation, Obama is the tricker.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Well if obama gives everyone free health care and raises, and free college like he was saying, then they can afford to donate more to church, and we will not have so much charity programs to do,

But honestly, don't see any of the top three really worth voting for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Presidential Election [ 11 Answers ]

Who are you for, I personally are for Barrack obama AND of COURSE who else should win, but really those 2 are biggest and it isn't even like I live there , I'm in ireland

Presidential poll [ 3 Answers ]

Who do you think should be president and why: a) clinton b) huckabee c) obama d) mccain e) paul f) romney g) edwards

Presidential poll [ 20 Answers ]

Who do you think should be president and why: a) clinton b) huckabee c) obama d) mccain e) paul f) romney g) edwards

Presidential history [ 2 Answers ]

What happened in Bufalo New York on September 6th 1901?

View more questions Search