Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bifidus Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Authorising old iPod to new computer
    I have received a hand me down computer and want to authorise my old iPod to the new computer but I just cannot see how?! I just get an error message saying my iPod is registered to another computer and it cannot authorise it (my old computer corrupted and won't even turn on anymore!) Please help I'm sick of the music on my iPod I've had to listen to it for months!
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Feb 13, 2008, 08:27 PM
    You haft to use iPod updater to restore the iPod
    bifidus Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
    What is it? I've googled it but it only comes up with things related to updating itunes or updating my iPod to the next gen (I currently have a first gen iPod nano). Can anyone talk me through this one, the apple website tells you how to use your iPod to transfer music from an old computer to a new one but not how to make it except your iPod!
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Download this program and it will restore your iPod but you will lose all music on the iPod
    Apple - Downloads - iPod + iTunes - iPod Updater 2006-06-28 for Windows

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITunes songs erased/iPod won't work if hooked up to a computer [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has an iPod and we have iTunes on our computer. All the songs she had on her iPod were on iTunes, until recently. Now everything she had on iTunes is gone, and we don't know why that happened. Also, she can't add anything else to her iPod or hook it up to her computer or she'll lose all...

Moving iPod to new computer [ 3 Answers ]

I have approx. 500 songs in my itunes library. There is a combination of purchases and music from cd's. I have a new computer and cannot figure out how to move the library over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search